Calculate distinct users who logged time to an issue/set of issues

Hello, I’m looking for a way to calculate distinct users who logged time to an issue. I’ve tried a few different variations of Count or Sum operations on [Logged by].[Users] but I either end up with the total number of members in that set, or just the sum of the issues which have time logged. This is as a user defined Measure.

As a note, when I use the [Users] hierarchy of [Logged by] as a row, it correctly breaks down Hours spent by user and my other selected row.

Thanks for any assistance!

You mentioned the correct keywords for this calculation count over Logged by user members.

Here is one formula example for this calculation:

NonZero(Count(
  Filter(
    [Logged by].[User].Members,
    [Measures].[Hours spent] > 0
  )
))

The calculation will ignore Logged by user dimension usage in the report. And will give you total count of users for each Logged by user.

I used the formula above in the report for one project selections and couple bookmarked issues.

You can use Descendants( [Logged by].CurrentMember, [Logged by].[User]) to take into account Logged by user dimension. It will give a count of all users with logged hours per issue for All Users and 1 for each user with logged hours on an issue.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

3 Likes

That’s perfect Daina, and in fact that table is exactly what I was creating. Thank you!

Im doing something similar but want ‘Logged by’ field to display username not [last,first]. is this an option?

You can use a function Generate instead of Count to represent users who logged time:

Generate(
  Filter(
    [Logged by].[User].Members,
    [Measures].[Hours spent] > 0
  ), [Logged by].CurrentMember.Name, "," )

Daina / support@eazybi.com