Calculate story points of specific stories of custom selected dates

Hey Everyone, I am new to eazyBI and hence my problem statement may sound familiar to group members.

My team A is currently reviewing the stories completed during previous sprint by some another team B. We need to create a report for team A to track the review progress. Team A is not working as a Sprint part but having a virtual sprint time frame of 2 weeks.
The report requested would display the total story points of stories that Team A has reviewed during specific custom dates. This is an ongoing work for few months and hence would be continued along.

To achieve this, I had created a custom Date field in JIRA with name “Comprehension Date”. Stories reviewed are marked with Comprehension date and JIRA is able to display the results based on custom specific Comprehension Date filter. But JIRA would not count total story points so that it can be displayed in JIRA report.

Hence, I am planning to import custom date field created in JIRA, but not sure about how to create a complete report based on custom time frames of 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @prai,

Welcome to the eazyBI community. You could try to import the date type custom field “Comprehension Date” also as a measure. This would create a new measure “Story points with Comprehension Date” - this measure would cover the bit on displaying the number of story points reviewed.

To get that information for the time between the sprint closure and 2 weeks after that, it is necessary to create new calculated members in the Measures dimension.

The first one will be to get the dates when the Sprints where closed “Sprint complete dates”. Please have a look at the code below:

Cache(
  Generate(
    Filter(
    [Sprint].[Sprint].Members,
    ([Measures].[Story Points added],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0),
    Format([Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Complete date'), 'yyyy-mm-dd'),
  ","))

We will use this measure in the second calculated measure, which will return the boolean value “true” for the Time dimension members in which a sprint was completed - “Filter Sprint complete date”:

Cache(AnyDateInPeriod(
  [Measures].[Sprint complete dates],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
))

The last calculated measure will sum all the reviewed story points. It will use the date type custom field “Comprehension Date”. The measure will look for the custom fields date to be between the sprint completion date and two weeks after it then it will sum all the story points in the issues that were reviewed:

CASE WHEN
CAST( [Measures].[Filter Sprint complete date] as Boolean)
THEN
Sum(
  Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    DateBetween(
      [Measures].[Issue Comprehension Date],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.StartDate,
      DateAddDays(
        [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.StartDate,
      )
    )
  ), ([Time].DefaultMember,[Measures].[Story Points with comprehension Date])
)
END

Now you can put the Time dimension on rows, select the default measure “Sprint Story Points completed” to see the number of story points completed. After that, you can add the measure “Filter Sprint complete date” and filter the report to show only values which are “true”. Finally, add the measure for the reviewed story points.

The report could look similar to the one in the picture below:

You can remove the measure “Filter Sprint complete date” once you have set up the filter on rows.

Please read more about calculated members on our documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members

Kind regards,
Robert // eazyBI support