Calculated measure to count User Stories delivered in a quarter(Closed and Active SPrints)

Hi,

I am struggling to get the count of User Stories delivered (Closed and Active Sprints) in one measure.

For Closed Sprints I can get the data by using [Sprint Issues Completed] measure.
But for Active Sprint, I am not sure how to do it. The stories are in Done Status but the Resolution is not mandatory in the workflow and cannot be pulled using [Issues Resolved] measure.

What I need is for a Quarter or for the period selected, the count of User Stories delivered(Should count both closed and active sprint stories)

Helps would be appreciated as I am new to easyBI and not very experienced in MDX query language.

Hi @Meera,
Welcome to eazyBI community! :slight_smile:
For you could work the solution that counts issues that have transitioned to the status category ‘Done’ and have some sprint value for the issue. Here is a formula for calculated measure in Measure dimension.

NonZero(
  Count(
    Filter(
      Descendants(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]
      ),
      -- filters issues that have some value in Issue sprint (does not have value '(no sprint)')
      [Measures].[Issue Sprint] <> "(no sprint)"
      AND
      -- counts issues that has transition to Transition Status Category 'Done'
      ([Measures].[Transitions to status],
      [Transition Status.Category].[Done]) > 0
    )
  )
)

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com