Calculated Member "All Issues by Fix version"

eaziby for Jira provides the convenient “All issues by Epic” when showing issues as rows which allows to group issues by epic. I would like to show issues grouped by fix Version. Unfortunately the code to do all issues by epic is not available, otherwise this would most likely be easy to deduce.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I read the docu here: Calculated members in other dimensions but it is not clear what kind of data structure I am supposed to return that represents the grouping. Filters work fine, they seem to be a flat list or set.

It seems I am actually looking to create a new hierarchy:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies

So in the advanced settings I added the following (“Epics without project” works as expected but “Fix Version/s” does not but I also see no errors):

Issue hierarchy Improvement

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]

name = “Fix Version/s”
all_member_name = “All Issues by fix Version”
levels = [
#one custom levels above default epic hierarchy
{name=“fixVersion”,key_column=“Fix Version/s”,issue_type=“fixVersion”},
#default set of levels for epic hierarchy, do not change it
{name=“Epic”,key_column=“epic_key”},
{name=“Parent”,key_column=“epic_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]

name = “Epics without project”
all_member_name = “All Issues by epics without project”
levels = [
{name=“Epic”,key_column=“epic_key”},
{name=“Parent”,key_column=“epic_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

I suspect the key_column is wrong, but how do I figure out the coloumn?

Hi, @aherz

Welcome back to the eazyBI community.

The Fixed version is a multi-select field; hence, the hierarchy Issues by the Fixed version won’t work.

Please try using the Issue and Fixed version dimensions in the report rows and perhaps select at the Epic level. It might look like something like this:

Kindly,
Ilze support@eazybi.com

@ilze.mezite : Thanks for the quick reply. Let me show my intend with an example then probably my problem becomes more clear:

We have up to 2 fix versions assigned to epics/issues, the actual milestone (alpha/beta etc) and a “must” version that includes all non optional items for the full release and contains issues from all milestones:

I want the report to be configurable by the user to select a milestone (alpha/beta etc) and for that milestone I wan to show the completion percentage, remaining work etc but separated for those issue in must and not in must separately.

As you can see in the image, I can show the info I care about per epic but I have not been able to accumulate the data for must/non must. So on the left most column I want to see only “MUST” and “NOT MUST” and then the accumulated info on the right for the specific milestone/fixversion selected on the top. Being able to click “+” on must/non must and then see the epics below would be a nice bonus.

I guess most of what I want can be done with a calculated measure but how I can make must/non must in the left most column and then get the data for the selected (page) fix version for that calculated measure is a mystery to me.

Hi, @aherz

I suggest using the Fixed Version dimension in Pages and Rows, not only in Pages.

To do so, first remove the Fixed version dimension from Pages. Add the dimension to the Rows and then add to the Pages.

You can add the Issue dimension as well. The report then should look something like this:

If your case is more complex, please send the detailed description, information, and the report definition to our support team: support@eazybi.com

Please follow the link, to export the report definition: Export and import report definitions

Kindly,
Ilze support@eazybi.com

Hi Ilze,

thanks for your feedback. I know that I can stack dimensions as you show in the shot.
When you look at my screenshot, you will see that some issues have 2 fix versions, some only 1 (arm-candidate).

What I want is to define some new dimension (I guess) which groups together all issues that fulfil a criteria (like have/do not have must fix version).