Calculating total Story Points from issues that have transitioned to a specific status during a sprint

I am trying to create a new velocity report where the Completed Story Points per sprint is based on if an issue has transitioned to the “Closed on QA” status (instead of using resolution as completed) during the sprint.

I have come up with the initial formula that sums the story points of those transitioned issues; but I want to ensure that the only transition counted is when an issue is moved to “Closed on QA”.

sum(
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].[Transitions to status]>0
),
([Measures].[Story Points created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
[Transition Status].DefaultMember)
)

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

To count only those issues which had particular transition you should add that criteria to issue filtering part. Use a tuple of measure and a specific transition.
To ensure that particular transition happened during a Sprint period (not before or after a Sprint), you may use function DateBetween().

An improved formula may look like this:

Sum(
  Filter(
    -- filter issues having a particular transition during an active sprint
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    DateBetween(
      ([Measures].[Transition to status first date], [Transition Status].[Closed on QA]),
      [Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Start date'),
      [Sprint].CurrentMember.Get('End date') )
    -- and issues were in a selected sprint
    AND [Measures].[Issues history] > 0
  ),
  [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Story Points') )

For calculated measure, set the formatting to ###.## Decimal.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Hi Zane,

Thanks for your help. This seemed to have worked - but only during the Sprint time.

For example, the last day of Sprint 8 (last Friday) this had calculated the correct number of story points transitioned to Closed on QA (93). Today (Tuesday, which is now during Spring 9) the report now shows a much lower number for Sprint 8 (10 points). What would be the reason for this?

Thanks again,
Leah