Can I use (Riada) Insight fields in my reporting?

We just did an implementation of Riada-Insight/JIRA to monitor and control our recruitment flow. It seems that I can’t import the Insight fields into the cube. Is there a trick, a future integration, … hope, to make reporting on those fields available? :wink:

Kind regards,

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

At the moment, we do not have a native integration with Insight Asset Management plugin. We are working to have such integration in the nearest future but so far I can’t give you any estimated delivery dates.

At the moment, you can try adding Insight custom fields which are JIRA issue custom fields to eazyBI by describing them in eazyBI advanced settings:

This is how we define the Insight custom field in the eazyBI Advanced Settings (where you place your actual field ID instead of NNNNN - see attachment)

[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true
split_by = ","

Next, you could select this custom field via eazyBI import parameters screen and import in eazyBI as a separate dimension.
It will not import all details about your Insight object, but at least small part of Insight custom field can be imported.

Let us know if you have further questions about this.
Best regards,

Is it in the roadmap to make it possible to include Insight fields as measures into the cube? If so, when is it planned for?

Hi,

Please note in our changelog that starting from eazyBI version 4.4.1 you could use eazyBI for Insight Asset Management.
See more on our documentation page:
https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Insight+Asset+Management

Best regards,

Thanks for your answer Martin. However, we separate process (Jira) and data (Insight) an it is not possible to import Insight object schema and Jira project issues into the same cube. So, we import Jira issues were we have connected Jira fields with Insight objects. This is were we run into problems since we want to do calculations on Insight fields as measurements.

Hi,

Please reach out to eazyBI support with more details (and perhaps some snapshots) on your business-case.

Martins / eazyBI team.