Can we mimic Actionable Agile Flow Efficiency metrics in eazyBI

Hi,

Would it possible to create similar Flow efficiency metrics in eazyBI? I have created Flow Efficiency measure but couldn’t find a way to group issues on a basis of percentage.

Hi @neetuagw ,

eazyBI requires a dimension on the X and Y-axis. In this case, the Efficiency % should be a dimension (possibly interval dimension). Then you could use it on rows and Issues created measure on columns.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Thank you @lauma.cirule. This sounds logical. But how would I get this Flow Efficiency measure as a Dimension? I never have done that before.

@neetuagw,

If the Flow Efficiency is defined in Jira, then all you need to do is specify that this numeric field would be imported as dimension, and possibly as interval dimension, from eazyBI advanced settings: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/advanced-settings-for-custom-fields

If this field is calculated in eazyBI, then the logic should be brought out to JavaScript calculated field and that should be imported as dimension.

1 Like

Ah ok. Thank you. Flow Efficiency is calculated in eazyBI so I guess I need to recreate it in JavaScript and will try to import it as a Dimension.
Thank you so much for this solution. I will try it.

Regards,
Neetu

1 Like

The problem I am facing here while creating Javascript code is that I need to use other user-defined measure to calculate FE, how can I call user-defined measures in javascript code ?

Here is my FE code:
CASE WHEN [Measures].[Cycle Time] > 0
THEN
([Measures].[Cycle Time] - [Measures].[WaitingTime])
/
[Measures].[Cycle Time]
END

@neetuagw,

Calling eazyBI calculations to JavaScript will not be possible. JavaScript is executed on raw data to modify or calculate new data points based on the raw issue data input.
You should check what the Cycle Time and Waiting Time formulas are and translate them to JavaScript.