Hello,
I’m reaching out to seek assistance with a formula for capacity planning

Here’s a specific example to illustrate my requirement:

Ticket 1:

• Story Points: 30
  • Start Date: July 1st
  • End Date: August 15th
  • Label: team A

My goal is to distribute the 30 story points across the 46 days between July 1st and Aug 15th, resulting in an allocation of approximately 0.65 story points per day.

When applying a time filter (e.g., monthly) and having the time dimension on the columns, I need the measure to aggregate the story points by month. For instance, in the case of July, I expect to see a total of (0.65 x 31) = 20.2 story points allocated for that month. I created an example:

This is the formula I’m using without success:

Cache(
([Measures].[Story Points created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
[Issue].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
/
DateDiffDays(
[Measures].[Issue Start date],[Measures].[Issue due date]
))

1 Like

Could you check out this community post on how to create Capacity planning merics?

You can use the MDX formula (it might work slowly in larger accounts) or define a custom field with JavaScript code. The community post describes both scenarios.

In those scenarious, we use Original estimate as an example field. You would like to switch to Story Points there instead.
We use the Issue created date as the start date. Please use the issue start date instead of the issue created date for your use case.
You are already using due date as end date. There is no changes needed for this one.

Daina / support@eazybi.com