Cloned Issues - create a table to segregate the cloned issues

How to create a table of JIRA Cloned Issues in reports.

I have a setup where I have cloned the set of issues which carry forwards custom fields when being cloned and transitioned as per the workflow. It works great.

With easyBi tool, how to create a table where i will get the set of tickets which are cloned with same parent.

Please help.

If you would like to see issues grouped by some common parent issue, you would like to import link to this initial (parent) issue for any clone issue.

Jira by default uses Cloners links for cloned issues, where clones is outward link and is cloned by is inward link:

Parent Issue will have references to all cloned issues with issue link is cloned by

However, you would like to import a reference to initial issue from all cloned issues. Therefore you should open any cloned issue and define an initial (parent) issue from this perspective:

Here is how you can use this link name and direction when defining linked issues in eazyBI:

[jira.customfield_cloned_from]
name = "Cloned from"
outward_link = "clones"
dimension = true
  1. Add the link custom field definition to eazyBI advanced settings or ask Jira administrator or eazyBI administrator to do this for you. eazyBI advanced settings are common for all accounts and only Jira/eazyBI administrators have access to the settings.
  2. Open Source data Jira import options for edit after changes in advanced settings and select the link custom field for import as a dimension and as a property.
  3. Run an import.

After import, you can use this new issue link dimension Cloned from on Pages and Issue dimension on Rows. Use the filter on Pages to select an ​issue to see all cloned issues from it.

Daina / support@eazybi.com