Closed Sprint showing as Active in eazyBI

Hello! I have created the following Calculated member to only show Active Sprints:

Aggregate({
  Filter([Sprint].[Sprint].Members,
      [Measures].[Sprint Closed?] = 'No'
      AND
      [Sprint].CurrentMember.Name <> "(no sprint)"
      )
})

However, when selecting, it’s still showing Sprints which have been Closed in JIRA:

Example is Feeds_Sprint 3 ®, which is closed in JIRA:

Any ideas?

Just guessing: eazyBI imports data into the cube on a scheduled basis - so it’s not really real-time. It would be worth checking if this is the case. If you do need the data immediately you could kick-off the import manually, though it’s not a good practice to do so during office hours.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @ssh, but the data was imported (manually by myself and also hourly)…hasn’t fixed it I’m afraid :frowning:

Ooops, sorry! I don’t know if I have a later version of eazyBI here in my Company, and I didn’t create this Calculated Member, but here is what shows up for me when I explored the Sprint dimension:

Aggregate(
Order(
Filter(
[Sprint].[Sprint].Members,
NOT [Sprint].CurrentMember.getBoolean(‘Closed’)
AND
NOT isEmpty([Sprint].CurrentMember.get(‘Start date’))
),
– ordering by start date across all boards
[Sprint].CurrentMember.get(‘Start date’), BASC
)
)

Perhaps, you could try this and let me know if it works? The logic looks OK to me.

1 Like

Hi @jimbok11,

@ssh provided formula to get active sprints is correct.

If this calculation does not work for you, try to re-import data into your cube. First, empty cube and only then import data. Do not worry, calculated members and measures and reports will remain. More detailed instruction on how to correctly re-import data;
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import#JiraIssuesImport-Re-importallissues

If data re-import does not fix the problem, please contact eazyBI support.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Thanks @ssh and @zane.baranovska!

Unfortunately, I seem to get an error (not sure if this has to do to the fact my company is on an old version of easzBI):

Formula is not valid:
Lexical error at line 5, column 39. Encountered: “\u2018” (8216), after : “”

Any I doing something wrong here?

@jimbok11 and @ssh, seem there are some formatting issues how quotes and dashes are represented after copying them to the community page and then back into eazyBI. There is the same formula without formatting (hopefully):

Aggregate(
  Order(
    Filter(
      NOT [Sprint].CurrentMember.getBoolean('Closed')
      AND
      NOT isEmpty([Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Start date'))
    ), 
    -- ordering by start date across all boards
    [Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Start date'), BASC
  ).item(0)
)

To be on the safe side, I would recommend copying a formula from eazyBI Demo account:
https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/
Look for Sprint dimension, calculated member Active Sprints.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Thanks @zane.baranovska - that reduced the list down…but now excludes Sprints that are still open/active :rofl:

Weird! It’s only showing 1 Sprint as active, when there are in fact 5…not sure why it would be excluding those :man_shrugging:

Actually, found a different way of getting just Active Sprints (which seems to work!):

Aggregate(
Order(Filter(
NOT [Sprint].CurrentMember.getBoolean(‘Closed’)
AND
NOT isEmpty([Sprint].CurrentMember.get(‘Start date’))
),
– ordering by start date
[Sprint].CurrentMember.get(‘Start date’), BASC
)
)

Thanks all for your input prior :slight_smile:

1 Like