[columns] display names

It would be great to be able to set a custom display name for a column in a report.

For example, if I wanted to change “Issues created” to “” this would be helpful.

Many times the viewers of a report are much more sensitive to the Jira-specific terminology and having customization capability would be very helpful.

Example where this feature would be:

1 Like

We have requested this feature as well a while ago.

The only solution at this point is to create a new measure and rename it, which is a pain because you would be just calling the same measure.

1 Like

Yes, currently, the only option on how to achieve is by creating a new measure and addressing the default measure as a formula as suggested by @fabian.lim.

While we have this request in our backlog we do not have clear plans for it yet. I will update the post when there will be any changes.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

We reviewed this feature just recently and closed it after the solution to build report specific measures was released with eazyBI version 6.1. ​

Report-specific measures are available for any user who can create and save reports. We suggest starting to work on a report with report specific measures. The changes in measures during reports/measures development will be faster.

We save those measures only at the moment when the report is saved. Remember saving the report if there are any changes in report-specific measures you would like to have in the report.

I would suggest creating shared measures for cases when many reports start using the same specific measures, and they proved to work as expected and are useful for many reports.

Here is a list of all recent changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like