Concatenate several dimensions

Hello !
I know that my data have not been well designed but I have to use them ‘as is’.

I have a first dimension [Location type] with members like:

• Office
  • Factory
  • Warehouse

Instead of having a single dimension like [Location name] I have separated ones:

• [Office]
    • Office name 1
    • Office name 2
  • [Factory]
    • Factory name 1
    • Factory name 2
    • Factory name 3
  • [Warehouse]
    • Warehouse name 1

I would like to have a result like this:

• [Location type]
    – [Location name]
    i.e I would like that the dimensions [Office], [Factory] and [Warehouse] would be considered as a single [Location name] dimension. Is it possible? Do I have to concatenate them on some way?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Rudy.

I would suggest considering creating a new dimension Locations by type where you combine both custom field into new - calculated one. You can use JavaScript to calculate this during import.

I will use two my custom fields - Season and Month as examples and will create a new dimension Months by Season:

[jira.customfield_nc]
name = "Month by season"
data_type="string"
dimension = true
levels = ["Season","Month"]
split_by = "|"
javascript_code = '''
l1 = issue.fields.customfield_SSSSS ? issue.fields.customfield_SSSSS : "(none)";
l2 = issue.fields.customfield_MMMMM ? issue.fields.customfield_MMMMM : "(none)";
issue.fields.customfield_nc =  l1 + "|" + l2;
'''

Please use your custom field ID instead of SSSSS and MMMMM.

If the custom field is a selection list, you might need a bit different code to access it’s value for example, like this:

l1 = ( issue.fields.customfield_SSSSS && issue.fields.customfield_SSSSS.value) ? issue.fields.customfield_SSSSS.value : "(none)";

We strongly suggest testing any calculated JavaScript code before adding it to eazyBI advanced settings to make sure it works as expected.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hello and thanks for your answer, but I am sorry I do not understand how I may transform my 3 current dimensions [Office], [Factory] and [Warehouse] to the unique [Location name]. Only then I will be able to build the hierarchy.

eazyBI does not have a default option to combine two or three fields by default. We will build three dimensions. If you would like to have one common dimension with a hierarchy you would like to build one.

We have the option to build new custom fields (including dimensions) with JavaScript during import. You would like to define a new field and then use Javascript code to combine three of your existing jira fields into one.

I hope this additional explanation can help you understand how to use the definition in the previous answer for building a new dimension.

You can share more details to support@eazybi.com if you struggle with this share how far you got there what is the JIra setup and we will try to help you further.

Daina / support@eazybi.com