Contextual Filters between Dimensions

Is it possible to populate a (page) filter of one dimension based on the value of a filter in other dimension? Is this supported in EazyBI.

E.g. lets represent the data in the following table where customer name and Region are two custom field dimensions.

Customer Name Region
Customer 1 JAPAC
Customer 2 EMEA
Customer 3 EMEA

When applied as page filters , now when I select the Region Filter, I can select JAPAC or EMEA but the Customer values in the second filter does not change.

What I need is if I filter for Region “EMEA”, the filter in the "Customer Name "dimension should have only “Customer 2” and “Customer 3” and the respective data should be displayed. If I Select “JAPAC”, only “Customer 1” should be populated in the “Customer Name” filter. Is there a way we can do this?

Thanks,
Azeez

Hey @Azeez,

This is not possible in eazyBI. At least not at this moment. This might be a feature they’re thinking of for future releases as it would be really helpful.

Hope this helps!
Jacques.

2 Likes

Thanks @jschoofs. That would be a killer feature to have.

Hi @Azeez ,
I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 6.5 this summer. We included the feature to have the Nonempty option in the Pages in this version.

Please see a list of all changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com