Count of total Transitions per Issue

Hi,
Coult you please me with any advice on how to calculate the total number of Transition a issue had during a timeframe (for example during last month)
Thank you very much for your help!

Hello @gamthe2nd

There are 2 predefined measures named “Transition from/to status issues count”.

(note: I started from Sprint issue transition dates - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI and changed to get to the image above - please ignore the description :slight_smile: )

If you remove the ISSUES dimension in ROWS you’ll get the number of transitions for all issues, per month:

Try this in your account and let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Vasile S.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. The solution you provided is very helpful for the Status Transitions.
However, my initial concern was if there is any possibility to count all the history changes for an issue during a timeframe, not only for the Status field (Priority, Team, Assignee or any other custom fields).
I’ve tried to use the following Javascript code, but it was not working:
[jira.customfield_xxx_changes]
name = “Number of of history changes”
data_type = “integer”
measure = true
javascript_code = ‘’’
var fieldChanges = 0;
//go through issue change history items
if (issue.changelog && issue.changelog.histories && issue.changelog.histories.length > 0) {
var histories = issue.changelog.histories;
for (var i = 0; i < histories.length; i++) {
var history = histories[i];
if (history.items && history.items.length > 0) {
for (var n = 0; n < history.items.length; n++) {
var item = history.items[n];
//looking for changes incustom field
//enter the custom field name in “XXX Date”
fieldChanges++;

}
}

}
} if(fieldChanges > 0) {
issue.fields.customfield_xxx_changes = fieldChanges;
}
‘’’

Could you please help me with any other solution in other to count all of the history changes a ticket had during a timeframe?
Thank you!

Hi @gamthe2nd,
Here is a solution that my colleague Zane has provided for “Activity History”:

But keep in mind, that while eazyBI for Jira Cloud can access all history records with Rest API, the eazyBI for Jira Server version can access only a limited part of history records (status transitions, changes in single-select standard fields imported in eazyBI, and logged hours).

Best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com