Count of unique dates

Hello, I’m looking for a way to count unique dates. I want to do this for a custom field, but I’ll use ‘Issue created date’ to illustrate what I want to do.

Let’s say in June, we had the following activity:

3 tickets created on June 1
2 tickets created on June 8
5 tickets created on June 10
2 tickets created on June 29

The question is: On how many days in June was an issue created?
Answer: 4

I don’t want the total number of issues created in June or on any given day; I just want to know on how many different days there was at least one issue created. From there, ideally I’d like to be able to drill down, for example by reporter, such as John = 3 if he created tickets on June 1, 10, and 29.

Is this possible to do in easyBI? Thank you!

You can use this formula to count days of any selected period with created issues:

Count(Filter(
  Generate({[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember , ChildrenSet([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)},
-- use day level of Time dimension 
  Descendants([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels("Day"))),  
-- filter days by measure
  [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
))

Here is how it looks in the report:

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hi Daina, thank you so much! After posting the question I watched a few more easyBI tutorial videos and I got far enough myself to write this formula:

NonZero(count(
Filter(
ChildrenSet([Time].CurrentMember),
[Measures].[Completed Shoots]>0
)
))

Mine wasn’t working for the “All Times” member, but yours worked perfectly! I’ll have to study up on the Generate function. I just started using easyBI a couple weeks ago and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the time dimension.

Thanks for the help! The easyBI documentation and community are amazing resources!