Count related issues by fix version

Hi, I am doing a report that count bugs that are related to issues in a version.

A version has several issues resolved. Each of them may cause 0 or few bugs in future version. I’d like to count the number of bugs in the original fix versions that caused them.

It looks like this

My problem is I can’t get it counted for the total of a fixed version. My linked bugs count formula is:
NonZero(Count(Filter(
[Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys(
[Issue].CurrentMember.get(‘IssueBugs’)),
[Measures].[Issues created] > 0
)))
The IssueBugs are imported as:
[jira.customfield_Bugs]
name = “Bugs”
outward_link = “causes”
issue_type = “Bug”
update_from_issue_key = “parent_issue_key”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

Could you please help me to get that total number by version? I don’t need the issues detail so I will remove the Issue dimension from the row. However, I need the ability to drill into number of linked bugs count to get the list of bugs.

Hi @Vu_Tran,

Look at the eazyBI Demo Training account for an example close to yours - Stories with Bugs details - Issues - eazyBI Demo Training - eazyBI. The calculated measure “Linked bugs count” could be what you seek.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi @roberts.cacus , Thank you for your answer. However, it gave me the same result as my formula. That means there is no sum per fix version.

Hi @Vu_Tran ,

Please share the complete formula you used. The calculation iterates through the linked bug dimension members in the ELSE branch of the formula. Is the issue link dimension imported? Did you update the formula to consider the particular dimension and level?

Best,

Hi @roberts.cacus ,
I just took another look and found that your formula is correct. Only a minor issue, the “detail number” is not correct in a caase.

• If an issue caused bug(s), it counts correctly.
  • If an issue is the bug itself, it still counts 1 as it self.
    However, the total bugs per release is correct. As in below screenshot, the total is 12 but the detail numbers is 1+2+5+1+4=13.

In addition, is there any way I can add the condition to this count? I want to exclude bugs with status Done AND any resolution different than Done.

Hi @Vu_Tran,

The reason the bugs count themselves is tied to how you have defined the issue links or how you have linked the Jira issues. The issue property “Issue IssueBugs” shows linked bug keys and the bugs themselves. Please share how you have defined “IssueBugs” for import into eazyBI.

Yes, you can incorporate filters in the linked bug count calculations. Please see the calculated measure “Linked Bugs Done” for linked bugs in a particular status or unresolved linked bugs in “Linked bugs open” in the Training account report shared earlier.

Best,

Hi @roberts.cacus, sorry for the late reply. Here is my import:

[jira.customfield_Bugs]
name = "Bugs"
outward_link = "causes"
inward_link = "is caused by"
issue_type = "Bug"
resolution = "Done"
update_from_issue_key = "parent_issue_key"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

In addition, the part resolution=" Done" seems not working since it can import all resolutions.

Hi @Vu_Tran,

Thank you for sharing the issue link parameters. First, eazyBI doesn’t have such a parameter in the eazyBI advanced settings - resolution = "Done". I recommend removing it. To see the resolved linked issues, look at the Training account report shared earlier and its calculated measure “Linked Bugs Done”.

Please verify the bugs are not linked to other bugs or themselves in Jira. For example, to what issue and issue type is CRN-2067 linked?

Best,

Hi @roberts.cacus.

CRN-2067 is a bug that’s caused by a story in previous fix version. It should not count itself in the details. I believe the total count is correct because it doesn’t count CRN-2067

Hi @Vu_Tran,

Please export and share the definition of the report to the support email support@eazybi.com - Export and import report definitions. Reference this community thread, and I will continue the conversation.

Additionally, please export and add the Jira issue CRN-2067 JSON information. You can retrieve it with a REST API call to your Jira endpoint. Add the following to your browsers address bar:

JIRA_URL/rest/api/2/issue/CRN-2067

Replace JIRA_URL with your Jira address, and share the results in the email.

Best,

Hi @Vu_Tran,

Thank you for sharing the details in the support email. I will share a condensed version of our conversation.

The linked issue property “Issue IssueBug” returned itself because of the parameter update_from_issue_key = parent_issue_key in cases where the issue linked to the bug had a sub-task.

Removing that parameter and performing a double import (one import with the issue link deselected, another with the issue link selected) solved the problem.

Best,