Count stories with specific text in Jira issue field "Description"

Hi, I am new to eazyBI and learning MDX. Could you please teach me how to count issues with specific text in a calculated member “issue property”: [Measures].[Issue Description] = [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Description’) ?

Why this would not work?

SUM(Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
CoalesceEmpty([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Description’), ‘’) MATCHES ‘.EAF.

),           
[Measures].[Issues created]

)

Regards,
Xiujun Guo

While this works fine:

SUM( Filter( DescendantsSet( [Issue Type].CurrentHierarchyMember,
[Issue Type].CurrentHierarchy.levels(“Issue Type”)
),
[Issue Type].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name MATCHES “Story”
AND
[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name MATCHES ‘.EAF.
),
[Measures].[Issues created]
).

Hi @guox,

The issue description is not imported to eazyBI Issues cube by default. See similar question with possible resolutions here: Import JIRA Issue Description.
Additionally, if you only need to search for a particular value within the description, I would suggest options one or two to extract the word you are looking for from the description into a separate custom field and finally in the eazyBI dimension (see more about JavaScript calculated custom fields).

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Hi @guox ,
I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 7.1. recently. In this version, we included the feature to allow importing the Jira “Description” field using the New calculated fields option. In the eazyBI account, it is possible to use those settings to define and import the description field. The JavaScript code is: return issue.fields.description

Please see a list of all changes for eazyBI for Jira app: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

Kind regards,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com