Counting Distinct Days in which an issue was completed within the sprint?

I am trying to create a measure which tells me the total number of days within a sprint in which a issue was resolved. Currently I have implemented this by ordering based on resolution date and comparing dates between rows. Is there a function that looks at the Issue Resolution Date column and gives a Distinct Count?

Hi @Mrif

Welcome to the eazyBI community!

You can create a measure with the DateDiffDays() function to count days from the issue creation date or a sprint start date (which is the latest) until the issue resolution or sprint end date (which is the earliest):

DateDiffDays(
  IIf(
    DateCompare([Measures].[Issue created date], [Measures].[Sprint start date])>=0,
    [Measures].[Issue created date], [Measures].[Sprint start date]),
   IIf(
    DateCompare([Measures].[Issue resolution date], [Measures].[Sprint end date])<=0,
    [Measures].[Issue resolution date], [Measures].[Sprint end date])
  )

Set formatting “decimal” for the measure.

Remember, as this measure uses issue and sprint properties, you should have issues and one sprint selected in the report!

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Thanks @ilze.leite for your response. Perhaps I wasn’t able to state the problem well. Given the following scenario, Sprint Start Date: August 1st and Sprint End Date: Aug 5th and a total of 4 issues committed. The team completed issues on Aug 2nd (1 Issue) Aug 4th (2 issues) and Aug 5th (1). The measure should calculate to 3 distinct delivery days.

Hi @Mrif

Thank you for your feedback!
Do I understand correctly that you need the count of days within the sprint during which committed issues were resolved?

Then, in the calculation, you may want to filter and count days within a selected sprint, where at least one of the sprint committed issues was resolved:

Nonzero(Count(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Time].[Day]),
    [Measures].[Time within Sprint]>0
   and 
   ([Measures].[Issues resolved],
    [Sprint Incoming State].[Committed])>0)
))

Note that this calculation uses a hidden dimension, “Sprint Incoming State,” which is available starting from eazyBI version 6.5. (and for eazyBI for Jira Cloud). read: Jira Software custom fields

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Thanks that worked well, I was missing [Measures].[Time within Sprint]

1 Like