Counting story point depending on the EPIC status

Hi
I would like to reproduce the JQL filter :

issueFunction in issuesInEpics(“status in (‘DONE’, ‘IN PROGRESS’)”) AND issueType in (Task, Story) AND status not in (canceled, Suspended) OR issuetype = EPIC AND status in (“TO DO”, Suspended)

to count the story points.

I can get the correct result having the EPIC storyPoint with statut TODO and Suspended with this request

([Measures].[Story Points created],[Issue Type].[Epic],[Status].[TO DO])
+
([Measures].[Story Points created],[Issue Type].[Epic],[Status].[Suspended])

And next step , I need to get the Story and tasks story points for the EPIC IN PROGRESS or DONE.

I tried this (first with IN PROGRESS only) but this is not working :
([Measures].[Story Points created],[Issue Type].[Story&Task],[Epic Link].[Epic].[Status].[IN PROGRESS])

I don’t think using the Epic Link is possible as I am trying to do. Perhaps I need do use a Sum with a Set and so on… but the syntax is complexe.

Not easy to enter in the all the differents syntaxes, even after read doc and saw training videos.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Agnes

To help people at the beginning, why not create an engine to translate a JQL query into an MDX query?

Hello @Agnes,

Thank you for your question!

As a first step, I would suggest to ensure that you are importing “Epic status” as a dimension: Issue link field dimensions

The part that you wrote was correct:

([Measures].[Story Points created],[Issue Type].[Epic],[Status].[TO DO])
+
([Measures].[Story Points created],[Issue Type].[Epic],[Status].[Suspended])

you just need to add other Tuples to show story points for Tasks and Stories:

(
[Measures].[Story points created],
[Epic Status].[Done],
[Issue type].[Task]
)
+
(
[Epic Status].[Done],
[Issue type].[Story]
)
+
(
[Epic Status].[In Progress],
[Issue type].[Task]
)
+
(
[Epic Status].[In Progress],
[Issue type].[Story]
)

More on Tuples here: Tuple

You can also create calculated measures for Epic Status and Issue Type to use a shorter Tuple:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/calculated-members-in-other-dimensions#Calculatedmembersinotherdimensions-Groupmembers

(
[Epic Status].[In Progress & Done],
[Issue type].[Story & Task]
)

I hope this helps but please let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Best,
Marita from support@eazybi.com