create a graph which gives “Total story points” and “closed story points %”

Hello developers,

I am new to EazyBI and I have a request to create a graph which gives “Total story points” and “closed story points %” for all the features

My Project Hierarchy is:

Level 1 —> FEATURE1, FEATURE2, FEATURE3

Level 2 —> EPIC1, EPIC2, EPIC3 etc

Level 3 —> STORY1, STORY2, STORY3 etc

FEATURE’s will have one-to-many EPIC1, EPIC2, EPIC3 etc and then

EPIC’s will have one-to-many STORY1, STORY2, STORY3 etc

The story points are allocated to STORY1, STORY2, STORY3 etc

Total Story Points” and “Closed Story Points” should be calculated basis on status of STORY1, STORY2, STORY3

FEATURE1

STORY1 - 2 Story Points
STORY2- 3 Story Points & status=closed
STORY3- 3 Story Points

So, “Total Story Points” = 8 & “Closed Story Points” = 3 & “Percentage completed”= 38% for FEATURE1

Also, I would like to have a structure in EazyBI like:

FEATURE1
→ EPIC 1, EPIC 2 etc
—>STORY1
—> STORY2
—> STORY3

Please help me on how to generate this report.

Hi @vbala ,

In eazyBI, you can organize issues in the hierarchy, like Feature → Epic → Story. Using hierarchy with measures, measure values are automatically aggregated at each hierarchy level.

1. First, create the hierarchy in the Issue dimension. Here is a community post on how to do this:
    How to create an additional issue hierarchy

2. For the report, set the “Issue” dimension on report rows and select the new hierarchy.

3. On report columns, select measures “Story Points created” to see the total op sorry points for each hierarchy level. Select measure “Story Point resolved” to get story points of resolved issues or “Story Points closed” to get story points for issues that are in closed status.
    For more details on the mentioned measure, see the documentation: Jira Software custom fields.

4. Create a new calculated measure to calculate the % of closed Story Points. In your case, the expression is dividing of two measures – closed story point divide with total story points:

[Measures].[Story Points closed]
    /
    [Measures].[Story Points created]

Set measure formatting to percentage %.
    More details and examples on calculated measures are described in the documentation: Calculated measures.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com