Create dashboard subscriptions to email addresses

It would be great to create email subscriptions to particular dashboards, with the emails going to manually inputted email addresses.

This would allow EazyBi dashboards to be sent to non-Jira users (e.g. board members, finance team, etc) who are interested in the data but don’t need or want Jira access.

2 Likes

I’m not from eazyBI, but trying to understand what’s needed.

Do you mean to say that we need an “Email this dashboard” option here, such that the dashboard must be automatically embedded to an email, or the email must include a publicly accessible link?

I’d like an “Email this Dashboard” option and be able to manually type the email address, so it can be someone without a Jira account.

1 Like

That makes sense.
Some people don’t like to be overwhelmed by having to log in to Jira or maintain a user account. Instead, sending the content in an email is simpler in the reader’s end.
Just make sure to (automatically) insert the report generation time above the report content.

Thus, I agree.

Hi @MarkWheeler and @shaakunthala ,

We have a Feature in our backlog where eazyBI admins and account owners could add and manage other Jira users to the eazyBI dashboard subscription. Unfortunately, that won’t include the option to add non-Jira users.

I created a new Feature request on your behalf to also have the option to add an email address to the eazyBI dashboard subscription. I currently don’t have any estimates on both of these Features.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

2 Likes

Robert,
Please add my vote for this.

Hi @Chuckcox12

:white_check_mark: Your vote has been added.

Best,

This is an interesting thread. We need the ability at our company to define a subscription list and send the dashboard PDF to that list. This needs to be maintainable by an admin and not reliant on each user to select their own email subscription. Example:

I have a steering committee that wants a weekly dashboard update via email. I should be able to add each of their names to the email list and configure the schedule/frequency for the email blast. I’m assuming this type of functionality is not yet available today…?

1 Like

Hi @drewwiseman,

We have separated the feature requests of admins adding Jira users to the eazyBI dashboard subscription and the one discussed here. This one revolves around adding any email. Unfortunately, both features are not available currently.

We are working on the first feature, but still, I don’t have any estimates. The second feature is in the backlog. I can add your vote to the one that you are interested in.

Best,

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. Yes, please add my vote as these are important topics IMHO.

Drew

Hi @drewwiseman,

I added your vote to both feature requests :white_check_mark:

Best,

Please add my vote to both feature request. Thanks!

Hi @ASIOA,

Thank you for reaching out. Your vote is added to both feature requests :white_check_mark: .

Best,

Hi
Any updates on above feature implementation !
And Please add my vote as it helps a lot.

Hi @Neela,

I added your vote to the feature request regarding subscribing non-jira users to an eazyBI dashboard via email :white_check_mark: . Unfortunately, that feature is not our priority at the moment.

FYI - the option to subscribe other Jira users to eazyBI dashboards will be available in the upcoming release 7.0.0 and is already live in Cloud - Email subscription.

Best,