Creating Table based on Labels shows

Hey Community,

as an eazyBI-newbie i am struggling with the following problem:

I need to create a line chart which will display all status=open issues labelled in JIRA with Label1, Label2, Label3.
It might be the case that one Issue is marked with two (or more) Labels.

In my diagram, i would like to show the total amount of issues (over the time) which have any Label1, Label2 or Label3.

Unfortunatly issues, which have 2 (or more) labels are counted double. So in my example the current amount of open issues isn’t 20 (last value) - but 16 (since there are 16 open tickets - 4 of them marked with two of the relevant labels).

How am i able to show the true value of open issues with the corresponding labels?

Thank you in advance for your support

Hi @Peter0512,

eazyBI counts issues for each selected value combination on-page filters. Labels are multi-selection fields, and each issue may have several labels making several valid combinations. As a result, when putting the “Label” dimension on pages and selecting several value options the issues are counted for each match. The same behavior is for all multi-selection fields, like, version, component, etc.

For most common measures, we have created Distinct count measures to handle the duplication (“Issues created count” and “Issues resolved count” and a few more) but not for Open issues (Jira Core measures and dimensions)

You can define a new calculated measure in the Measures to get a distinct count of Open issues.

CASE WHEN --no specific period
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember IS [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
THEN 
  [Measures].[Issues created count] -
  [Measures].[Issues resolved count]
ELSE --for selected Time period
  NonZero(Sum(
    --filter set of issues
    Filter(
      Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
      --check if issue was already created and not yet resolved 
      DateBeforePeriodEnd(
        [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'),
        [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
      NOT DateBeforePeriodEnd(
        [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at'),
        [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
     ),
     --sum up distinct issue count ignoring the creation period (period is covered in Filter)
     ([Measures].[Issues created count],
     [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
  ))
END

More details on calculated measures are described in the documentation: Calculated measures

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com