Custom Date Field Values

What is best way how to work with values of Date/Time custom fields. For example I will have Custom Date custom field similar to your documentation. How can I make DateDiff between Custom Date and Resolution Date?

[Measures].[Issues with Custom Date] returns only if the issue have the value filled but not the actual value.

[Issue].[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetProperty('Custom Date') or [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Custom Date') does not return anything.

Can you please advice? It is confusing for me that I can not use it as Dimension.
Thank you in advance!

Hi,

As you may notice, there is more than 1 option how to import custom fields.
If that is a date-type of the custom field then you could import it as a measure and property.
Depending on your selection there will be a set of measures created in “Measures” dimension

Indeed, measure “Issues with custom date” would return a counter of issues and can be used together with “Time” dimension members to change the report context (for example: how many issues have value in custom date field that belongs to displayed/selected “Time” period).

For DateDiff calculation you should use the “property” measure of that custom date field.
Try this code when creating a new calculated measure in “Measures” dimension if custom date is imported as property.

DateDiffDays(
[Measures].[Issue Custom Date],
[Measures].[Issue Resolution date]
)

Also, the following code should work the same:

DateDiffDays(
    [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Custom date'),
    [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Resolved at')
    )

This would return results on “Issue” level as you approach two different Issue properties.

Martins / eazyBI support

1 Like

Thank you for explanation. I was trying that property but I was looking for that in Default section and not in Calculated members. Now it looks like I was looking for. Thank you!