Custom Field is (none)

Hello,

The following question pertains to importing a JIRA project into EazyBI.

I have added a custom field, as dimension and property, and (none) is the value that is displayed.
However, there are issues, within the imported project, with a value for the custom field that is displaying (none).

Any guidance would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

Welcome to the eazyBI community!

Usually, when a custom field is imported into eazyBI as a dimension, (none) member is related to issues with an empty value in this custom field or not associated with this custom field.
If you are certain that some of the imported issues have a value in this field, you may want to select those issues in the report rows and select a property with this custom field value (Measures > Issues property > “Issue ”). Do they have correct values?

To help you find out more, what is the type of the custom field: date, number, text? Do you have advanced settings for this field?

Waiting for more information,
Ilze

Thank you for your replay.

I performed your suggestion above, “select those issues in the report rows and select a property with this custom field value (Measures > Issues property > “Issue ”)”, and (none) appeared.

To answer your questions:
What is the type of the custom field: date, number, text? → String
Do you have advanced settings for this field? → Yes

Hi, @rbat

Thank you for the additional information.

Whenever changing advanced settings for custom fields or issue links, you should perform double data import to ensure the correct outcome of changes (See documentation: Advanced settings for custom fields).

You may do the following:

1. In the import option, deselect the custom field “XXX” from data import and import data. This action will clear the previous data and data structures.
  2. Wait for data import to complete.
  3. In the import option, select the custom field “XXX” for data import and import data for the second time.

Let me know if that helped!

Best regards,
Ilze M support@eazybi.com