Custom field options renaming

Hello,
We have run into troubles after changing few options in Select List (Single Choice) custom fields. New values was not covered in reports after scheduled cube update. I had to empty the cube and build it again manually.

• Is it possible to improve import so it would check for this automatically? Or maybe add some option for full cube update. For example we would daily incremental updates and full update on Saturday night.

Few hours later several users reported problems with reports. They started to time out, event if they was fast previously. It took me some time to realize that it is because of changed options of Customfield mentioned above. It was used in Pages to filter results. I had to remove it, save the report, add it, pick new value and save the report. It appears that those things are handled by value and not by ID of the option.

• I guess that change EazyBI to handle it by ID would be too difficult, but it would be great if we could at least mitigate the issue. Instead of timeout, there could be an error that some dimension have invalid option picked. In fact, it could be just warning and report could proceed ignoring such selection - it may take some time before report owner will get there, so report viewers can see at least something in the meantime.

Thank you for your consideration
Petr

Hi @hroch,

Changes in custom field select list values
To reimport the custom field and its new values, you could have deselected it in the import settings and after an import select it back again. The other option is the one you choose - empty the cube and import the data.

Improve import
Right now there is no such feature - to schedule an automatic full reimport. Also, a full reimport with emptying the cube would be a dangerous thing to do automatically. This would include the risks of losing the added Time dimension members and additionally imported data. That should be a conscious choice.

Missing custom field values in pages filters
Thank you for pointing out areas eazyBI can improve. We have an improvement on our backlog to notify users if a non-existent member is selected in the pages filter. I will add your vote to it.

Kind regards,
Robert // eazyBI staff

Hello, You are right that full re-import is probably too drastic for daily schedule. I did not know that time dimension is affected by that. Yes, it would be still great if regular importer could handle value changes gracefully. Thank you.