Custom sprint velocity calculation

Hello. I’m trying to setup a custom velocity calculation in EazyBi. I want to account for the status of the ticket at the start & end of the sprint when calculating velocity…

Velocity = [Ticket 1_story point x (status at the end of sprint - status at the start of sprint)] + [Ticket 2_story point x (status at the end of sprint - status at the start of sprint)] + …

• Status values:
    To do: 0
    In progress: 0.25
    In testing: 0.5
    In review: 0.75
    Closed: 1

For example, if we have 3 tickets in a sprint, and:

• Ticket 1 is 2 story points, and transitioned from to doclosed during the sprint
  • Ticket 2 is 5 story points (was carried over from the previous sprint), so transitioned from in testingclosed during the sprint
  • Ticket 3 is 2 story points and transitioned from in to doin review during the sprint

velocity = [2 x (1 - 0)] + [5 x (1 - 0.5)] + [2 x (0.75 - 0)] = 6
as opposed to 7 (which is what the current velocity calculation will say).

Can someone please advise how I can write this in code? Thanks!

Following up on this, please. Help will be appreciated.

Hi,

The following formula counts the story points at the sprint end and applies the respective weights depending on the status:

([Measures].[Sprint Story Points at closing],
[Transition Status].[In Progress])*0.25
+
[Transition Status].[In Testing])*0.5
+
[Transition Status].[In Review])*0.75
+
[Transition Status].[Closed])

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Thanks @janis.plume for the response! I have a few additional questions:

• How do you also account for the status at the start of the sprint, such that we can use this formula:
    Velocity = [Ticket 1_story point x (status at the end of sprint - status at the start of sprint)] + [Ticket 2_story point x (status at the end of sprint - status at the start of sprint)] + …

• In EazyBi, is “closing” the status when we click “complete sprint”, or the status by the end pf the day that the sprint is completed? I’m asking because I had written formula for status at closing, but the status that was returned was not the status when I clicked “complete sprint”