Customer satisfaction from Jira SD report in EazyBI

Hi all,
I would like to know is there any possibility to get a report in EazyBI related to the customer satisfaction in Jira SD and in case possible how to configure the report. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
Radosveta

1 Like

Hi,

Satisfaction is a tricky Jira Service Desk field to deal with currently (we are planning to make this process much easier in the future versions of eazyBI).

Here is the workaround with JIRA Misc (free add-on in Jira) calculated custom field that later can be imported in eazyBI like regular custom fields:
These are the steps you could try:

1. You could create a new custom calculated text field in JIRA with name “Satisfaction date and rating” using this formula below, where AAAAA must be replaced with actual Satisfaction custom field ID number (you could find at the end of URL when clicking “View” in JIRA on the custom field - through Jira administration page) and similarly replace BBBBB with ID number from existing custom field: Satisfaction date.

N.B. Formula should be used in the first “Description” field while creating a field.

<!-- @@Formula:
   import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
   satisfaction = issue.get("customfield_AAAAA");
   satisfactionDate = issue.get("customfield_BBBBB");
   if (satisfaction != null && satisfactionDate != null) {
   dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd");
   return dateFormat.format(satisfactionDate) + ", " + satisfaction.getRate();
   }
   -->

This code should return a string for each JIRA issue, that consists of a date when it is rated and the numeric value from satisfaction date and rating separated with the comma.

Then you could open eazyBI advanced settings and add these lines (where you replace NNNNN with actual ID from newly created custom field ID)

[jira.customfield_NNNNN] 
data_type = "integer" 
measure = true 
multiple_dates = true

After that, you could select (via eazyBI import settings) this newly created custom field to import it as a measure and property.
When import will be completed, you should find new measure in “Measures” dimension (Select members > Custom fields) that you could use in your reports.

Next, we would recommend creating a new calculated measure “Average satisfaction rating” in “Measures” dimension using this code below that should return average satisfaction rating in your report.

Then you could use “Issue” dimension in Rows (expanded till issue level) and “Measures” dimension in columns (where you select measures: Average satisfaction rating.
In case you want to filter your report by time, you could use “Time” dimension in pages.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this!
Kind regards,

1 Like

Hi,

Beautiful answer.

I just miss a couple of things.
How do I make the average rating in the User Defined section of the Measure.
And the custom field does not produce the correct values.

I only need the satisfaction score, and do not need the date, As that works already with “ISSUE Satisfaction date”

Maybe then I will get a better result.

Description was a bit to short with: formula underneath as I did not get it until I was looking at the images.

But what do you want us to do with the Average rating … how can i define that… as I have no idea.

So basically a good breakdown of:

• where to put the information
  • all formula’s used (and where)
  • how do I make the average field?

Hi,

To calculate average satisfaction rating, please create a new calculated member in “Measures” dimension using the following code:

[Measures].[Satisfaction date and rating] / [Measures].[Issues with satisfaction date]

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi,

Awesome again. Now it looks like

So somewhere it is still not working.
I’m VERY interested in this solution. But find it hard to get it to work.

(See next post as I’m only allowed to make one image per post)

It looks like the two other entries are not in the custom field? Or something like that.

This formula:

<!--@@Formula:
import java.txt.SimpleDateFormat;
satisfaction = issue.get("custom field_22758");
satisfactionDate = issue.get("custom field_22759");
if (satisfaction != null && satisfactionDate != null){
dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd");
return dateFormat.format(satisfactionDate)+","+ satisfaction.getRate();
}
-->

I placed it just as your image in:

But as seen in the first image it doesn’t show up. So I guess I still do something wrong there is one step I’m missing.

Any idea’s?

Regards,

Armin

Please reach out to support@eazybi.com and provide full details including the screenshot from any Jira issue key where we could see the calculated value in Jira Misc calculated custom field
See example

p.s I believe the custom field names (customfield_22758 and customfield_22759 without spacing) are not correctly defined in the formula you used for your JIRA MISC custom field.

Br,

Hello Martins,

Correct I misspelled it there. After fixing it still didn’t give any resolution of my problem.
So I will raise a question with servicedesk.

Pity I followed all steps given but doesn’t work (yet).

EDIT: Well we had some online support and it is figured out… we helped each other out to clarify this.

And it works like a charm now…

Awesome stuff… +1 for Martins.

Hi Martins,

I was wondering. Is there a solution for JIRA SD Cloud for this?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
Florian

Hi,

In the case of Jira Cloud, JIRA MISC calculated custom fields add-on is not available.

However, you could use the following Javacript code in Jira import options to redefine the satisfaction rating values for eazyBI import (where you should use your custom field ID for “Satisfaction” instead of NNNNN)

if(issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN && issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN.rating) {
 issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN = issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN.rating;
}

That should let you import values in measures dimension.
Search for a measure Satisfaction with …

Martins / eazyBI

Any indication of when this will be in eazyBI?

Hi,

It is planned for one of the next versions of eazyBI.
Unfortunately, I can’t share any ETA for this.

Martins / eazyBI support

Customer satisfaction import is supported since eazyBI version 4.7.0. You can import Satisfaction as a dimension, measure, and property.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

2 Likes