Dates of Tickets in EazyBI far in the future and different to dates in Jira

Hi everyone,

this is my first post here after reading the board for a while so excuse me if this is not the right place or way to ask this question.

I’ve been working on creating Value Stream Metrics for an Agile Release Train and for some reason the data imported to EazyBI has different dates than the tickets on Jira. To be more specific some tickets are very far ahead in the future. If I drill into the issues and check them on Jira the Dates (Created, Updated) seem to be fine though.

Has anyone ever experience anything like this or knows what I’m doing wrong?

For now have an amazing Friday and thanks for your attention!

this is the timestamp for one of these tickets in jira

maybe to add more details:

i’m using the measure ‘Issue History’. Also it seems like adding the time measure to pages and only select the present year works around the issue since nothing is added:

Of course it would still be nice to fix this…

Hello @Netrah

Welcome to the eazyBI Community!

Thanks for raising this question!
The Issues History measure with Time dimension will return values against all Time members it can find in the database for the issues, most likely you have an issue that has a date field in Jira filled with year 2069. You can take a look at the screenshot below as an example. You will notice that I have 3 future time members - 2024, 2027 and 2029. This is because there are 2 issues with Due Dates in 2024 and 2027 and there are two issues with a Custom Date field in 2024 and 2029, this is the reason why Issues History field includes these future time mebers in the report when used with Time Dimension.
If you only want to see the current year, you can indeed include the Time dimenson in Pages and filter it on the Current Year as you already have done!

Best wishes,

Elita from support@eazybi.com

Hi Elita!

i checked the future dates and could identify them as duplicates to dates in the past. Your hint was very helpful - thank you!