Display a certain period of the cumulative trend chart based on the total data

Hello people!

Total data from 2020 to today are accumulated and displayed. I want to display the data for the latest year while keeping the whole data. Here’s how I did it. If you filter the data from January 1, 2021 to today, data will appear only for the filtered period. I want to display only data from January 1, 2021 to today, of all data, not that. Is it possible?

Hi @sm.park,

Yes, the cumulative from eazyBI standard calculations take into account the visible rows. You can create a custom calculation that sums the number from all previous periods. Please try the following (for Issues created)

Sum(
    {PreviousPeriods([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember},
    [Measures].[Issues created]
  )
)

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Hi lauma.cirule,

I used like this
But there is no change

Sum(
{PreviousPeriods([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember},
[Measures].[Issues with its# request date]
)

its# request date is a date format custom field
Is it correct to use it like this?

@sm.park , yes this does look correct.
Could you please send screenshots of this to support@eazybi.com, including the measure Issues with its# request date and the custom cumulative sum on columns and Time on rows?

Hi
I cannot send screenshots for you because company policy is not allow
Do you have any another way?

Hi @sm.park,

I would only need to see the configuration; you may blur out exact numbers or names from the screenshot (and yes, send it to support, not paste it here). Also (and if the screenshot is still is not possible), please send the report definition to support@eazybi.com.

Additionally, you may try to debug the calculation yourself. Here is a guide on how to start doing this: Journeying with an MDX.