Distinct count for Issue History

Hi,
I have the following configuration:
-> Columns: Measures (Issues History) ; Status (Category)
-> Pages: Project (All projects by category)
-> Rows (Time)

When I select specific components in the project filter, if an issue has 2 components, it is counted 2 times.
So instead having, for eg. 10 issues in Done, I have 11 (9 issues with one component and one issue with 2 components).
I was trying to find a formula for distinct count, but without result.

Does somebody has any suggestions how can I display the right number?
Thank you

Hi @Cosmina,

It seems my colleague Lauma already answered your inquiry in an internal conversation. Here is the proposed formula for all community members to see:

NonZero(Count(
  Filter(
    --go through individual issues 
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    IIF([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember is [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
      --if no period selected show distinct count of issues matching selected values
      CAST([Measures].[Transitions to issues count] AS NUMERIC),
      --count issues that had selected values at the end of period
      DateBeforePeriodEnd(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Created at'),
        [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
      AND
       [Measures].[Issues history] > 0
    )
)))

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hello @roberts.cacus,

I try to use the previous proposed formula. It works with an eazyBI Version 6.2.1.
But with an eazyBI Version 6.3.0, i get a timeout error like this:

Is that something you already noticed?

Any idea? Our prod version of eazyBI is 6.3.0

Best regards,

Hi @Fred.M ,

The calculation is pretty demanding, as it iterates through Issue dimension “Issue” level members. Unfortunately, I don’t have any alternatives.

Upgrading to eazyBI 6.3.0 should not increase the report execution time by itself. However, upgrading eazyBI to a newer version might clear caches and increase initial report executions after an upgrade.

Do you still encounter query execution timeout errors? If so, please drop us a line at support@eazybi.com and share the definition of the report - Create reports.

Best,

Also, I updated the formula in the original response to work properly with the Time dimension Default member.

Best,

1 Like

Thank you @roberts.cacus.

But infortunately, i still have timeout error when the number of issues is high or when i selected months or days level members.

In fact, our clients wanted this measure per days to use it during crisis time.
Even when i apply some filters, we should be able to provide to them a sufficiently flexible dashboard that they can use without having constant timeout when they select or not some filters.

Is there any way to improve the performance of the quiery?

Best regards,

Hi @Fred.M ,

As I mentioned previously, please drop us a line at support@eazybi.com and share the definition of the report - Create reports.

Best,