EazyBI Performance

Hi, everybody!

I’m working on an EazyBI 5.3.0 for Jira 8.5.1. I keep having problems with performance and it shows timeouts messages. It constantly shows the messages when dealing with a little more complex MDX calculated members with things like Aggregate, Sum, Count, Filter.

I have already tuned Advanced settings like this:

And this is the JVM settings:

One thing is that when EazyBI was installed it shared database with Jira instead of in separated database. Would that be a predominant reason for these timeouts?

Or is it more likely that my coding is too complex?

Hi @Raphael_Teodoro_Silv!

Increasing timeout is an option, but increasing it to ~20minutes, as you show in the screenshot, could actually do more damage than good. Mondrian engine cancels the requests when the timeout is reached, but having such a large timeout might cause the engine to keep running in background trying to finish the report calculations while the users have grown tired of waiting for result and navigated away.

However, the functions you mentioned can be time consuming if they are iterating over large number of issues. We always suggest checking out if there is a room for report optimization.
You can enable eazyBI usage statistics and monitor failing reports or reports with the longest execution time: https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Usage+statistics.

If you need assistance with some particular slow report, please share the report definition to support@eazybi.com (it could take some couple days to analyze a report and prepare some suggestions once you send it to us).

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Hi, Lauma. Thanks for your answer, I’m working to get the usage statistics, once I’m not the system administrator. I also changed the max timeout for 240.

Anyhow, in an account with about 35.000 issues this report https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/78204-issue-epic-gantt-chart shows the message “There was an error when performing your request. please retry or fo to other page.” if certain projects are selected.

It’s exactly the same report I got from demo account, didn’t do any customization for my cutomer’s environment.

Would that be normal?

@Raphael_Teodoro_Silv

I wanted to let you know that you can ask Jira admins to make you eazyBI admin - if you are one of the dedicated eazyBI users, this will give you more access and less need for Jira admins.

Regarding the report, this should not happen, no. Unfortunately, the error does not say much of what went wrong. Could you please execute this report again, and after you get the error, send to the support@eazybi.com

I am sorry for the trouble this is causing you!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com