Epic-Level Estimate

I have the same problem with Remaining estimated hours. At Epic level I only want the hours from the underlying tasks. With “Hours spend” this works. There only the underlying tasks are taken from me and summed up to Epic level.

Hi,

Try same approach as in “original estimated hours” calculated measure by adjusting the code from earlier.

Martins / eazyBI support

Hello, I’ve done that. But I would now have to reduce the remaining estimated hours to Epic.

On Epic level: remaining estimated hours = sum “remaining estimated hours” of all “sub-tasks”.

Hi,

The default measure “Remaining estimated hours” indeed includes the hours from all the children of epic, that is why you should create a new calculated measure (similarly like you did for Original estimated hours new calculation).

CASE WHEN
[Issue].Currenthierarchymember.level.name = "Epic"
THEN
nonzero((
[Measures].[Remaining estimated hours],
[Issue Type].[Epic]
))
WHEN
[Issue].Currenthierarchymember.level.name = "Parent"
OR
[Issue].Currenthierarchymember.level.name = "Sub-task"
THEN
Nonzero([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours])
END

Isn’t the measure “Offener Aufwand” already doing that for you?

But as you can see that grand “Total” row would not be correct in such calculations. Perhaps you can disable the “Total” from toolbars as it doesn’t make sense in such customization.

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi
With the “open effort” it should show in this example only 32 hours (from the sub-task) and not the open effort of the Epic (40 hours). And also not the sum of the open sub-task (32) plus the open hours of the Epic (40). The total should not be 72 hours, but only 32 hours.

With the “open effort” it should show in this example only 32 hours (from the sub-task) and not the open effort of the Epic (40 hours). And also not the sum of the open sub-task (32) plus the open hours of the Epic (40). The total should not be 72 hours, but only 32 hours.

Hello, how do I get that number?

Hi Werner,

Try this approach when creating your calculated measure

[Measures].[Remaining estimated hours]
-
(
[Measures].[Remaining estimated hours],
[Issue Type].[Epic]
)

Martins / eazyBI support

Thank you, it works. Slowly I understand the concept.

1 Like