Epic Link for a sub task of a story

Hi,

In our Jira Instance, we create Stories and link them to Epic using the epic link. We create sub-tasks under each story and assign to various team members.

We need to generate a report listing all sub-tasks, corresponding stories and corresponding Epics.

I am able to generate a report listing all sub-tasks & corresponding stories using measure “Issue Parent Key”. However, I am not able to get Epic linked to the story in the same report.

Could you please help me to get the Epic link using Issue Key of a story as input?

Hi @Sudheer!

In the Issue dimension, there is an Epic hierarchy that organizes all issues that have Epic link under the Epics and all their sub-tasks further under the Parent tasks. You could use this hierarchy and any additional measures or properties to see more details about the issues:

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

2 Likes

Hi, Lauma,

Thanks for your response!

Is it possible to get the issue key of the Epic in a column against each issue of type “Sub-task”?

What I am trying to achieve is to generate a report of Epics a team member(developers/testers) has worked on. We only assign sub-tasks to developers/testers. If a user filters by one team member, the report should provide the list of sub tasks assigned to the team member, their status, parent stories and Epic.

@Sudheer,

Ok, I see what you mean. In this case you can write a new calculated member that on sub-task issues would find the parent’s epic key

[Issue].[Issue].GetMemberByKey(
  [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Parent issue key')
).Item(0).get('Epic Link')

Thanks very much, lauma. This will generate what I am looking for.

1 Like

Hello Sudheer,
DId you get your report using above calculated member?
Even I am also looking to fetch a similar report from JIRA as you. In a table, I should get following:

Sub-task|corresponding story|corresponding Epic

Alam

Hello Lauma,

Just wanted to know how to use above calculated member? Do I need to use in JQL query in Jira?
I want to generate a report from Jira which should give me sub-task | Story | Epic for a give time duration (it could be based on updateddate). This report I want to generate to know which are the sub-task my team has worked during selected period/duration (updateddate).

Alam

Hi @m_alam!

For this case you can use the default eazyBI Issues hierarchy for Epics together with Time dimension and Issues last updated measure. See example, where I have Epics, Stories and sub-tasks on rows and Drilled into Time to see issues updated during the current year: