Epic Progress percent complete

I would like to report using the percent complete that is visible in the Portfolio hierarchy. It appears in the scope report, it appears in the Excel export. How can I get access to this in EazyBI? I have tried this for a custom Measure, but there is no data showing:

[Portfolio Epic].CurrentMember.Get(‘Progress’)

[Portfolio Epic].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get(‘Progress’)

[Portfolio Epic].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get(‘percentageCompleted’)

Jira Portfolio uses Story Points or Time tracking for estimation. You can use the corresponding measures in eazyBI to see progress there with the Portfolio hierarchy on any level.

For example, you can use Story Points due and Story Points resolved to see how many Story Points are unresolved vs resolved for now. You can use some MDX calculation to get a progress percentage as well.

For example, this one:

CASE WHEN 
[Measures].[Story Points created] > 0
THEN
CoalesceEmpty(
  [Measures].[Story Points resolved],0
) / 
  [Measures].[Story Points created]
END

The same stands for Time Tracking.
You can use Hours spent for done job and Remaining estimated hours for unresolved part and this formula for percentage:

CASE WHEN 
([Measures].[Hours spent] + [Measures].[Remaining estimated hours]) > 0
THEN
CoalesceEmpty(
  [Measures].[Hours spent],0
) / 
 ([Measures].[Hours spent] + [Measures].[Remaining estimated hours])
END

Here is an example report where I am using Issue dimension Portfolio hierarchy with Story Points:

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hi Daina -

This is great thank you for the information and I believe my report is nearly there.

For my Epic progress report, I am filtering by fixversion and wanting to calculate the % progress of the Epic and it’s children (we don’t put fixversions on children, just Epic). I updated my heirarchy based on this page – https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies#AdditionalIssuehierarchies-Hierarchywithepicsandthemes.

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = “Epics without project”
all_member_name = “All Issues by epics without project”
levels = [
{name=“Epic”,key_column=“epic_key”},
{name=“Parent”,key_column=“epic_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

When I compare the data in the report to an Epic in Jira, the story points aren’t matching. I suspect it has to do with how I have the hierarchy setup. Can you advise?

Jira configuration looks like this

-> Epic 1 (Fixversion: 1.0)
—> Story 1
—> Story 2
—> Story 3
-> Epic 2 (Fixversion: 1.0)
—> Story 1
—> Story 2
—> Story 3

Thanks for your help!

I got it working, counting separately and then combining. Here’s the key piece in the middle: this is giving me the count that I need.

Cache(
NonZero(
( [Issue Type].[Story], [Measures].[Issues with story points created] )
)
)

I have a similar problem. I am doing this with a specific label on the epics and would like to do it by story completion % and not story points. Thoughts?

I wound up having to do a lot with custom measures. You have to find a way to create a custom measure that can then be counted, summed, or whatever. Then we ultimately had performance issues in Jira, so we pulled away from eazyBI and went with some more data-warehouse-type solutions. Good luck.