Epic to country code mapping to create map

Hello Team,

we have epic defined as below

I want to create a map but its showing empty. I am aware that to use map we need to have ISO code but not sure how can I get this into my cude and map to existing epic.

@zane.baranovska @VasileS @janis.plume @gerda.grantina

@VasileS I hope you are doing well, May I request if you can provide some help here?

Hello @Deepak ,

Sorry, I am not familiar with this topic.
FYI, I am just an EazyBI user (with some previous experience, indeed), not part of EB Staff.
I am here mostly looking for answers or ideas, trying to give back to the community when possible! :slight_smile:

V.

Try to create a new measure with a CASE statement (WHEN EpicName MATCHES “GB” THEN gb_iso_code and so on) and see if it works.

Hope it helps!
V.

Hi @Deepak,

The Map chart requires a dimension with explicit ISO country codes used as dimension members.
Unfortunately, CA-FR will not work this time.

For other actual country codes, you might create a JavaScript-calculated custom field dimension “Location” to import two-symbol Epic names as “Location” for the Epics.
You might read more about that here - JavaScript calculated custom fields.

The next step is to cascade these values to the children issues.
Since this is not a standard dimension, it requires additional code to inherit from parents, and it might not be as open to changes. You might read more about this here - Inherited fields.

The code to be added to advanced settings might be as follows.

[jira.customfield_locn]
name = "Location"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
if (issue.fields.summary.length<3 && issue.fields.issuetype && issue.fields.issuetype.name == "Epic"){
  issue.fields.customfield_locn = issue.fields.summary;
}
'''

[jira.customfield_locn_e]
name = "Epic country" 
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"
javascript_code = '''
if(issue.fields.customfield_locn ) {
   issue.fields.customfield_locn_e = issue.fields.customfield_locn;
}

After importing the fields to the account, you might use this dimension to display the measures of issues split by the country code in the name of the Epic.

regards,
Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

@oskars.laganovskis Thank you so much , its working so perfectly.