Epics without fix version

Hi all,
I’m trying to create a report which will show me all the Epics which have a parent Capability that is either in implementation or design phase, but don’t have a fix version (is empty).
Does anyone have any tips?
Best,

-Noam

Hi @Gnome

Welcome to the eazyBI community.

Usually in such cases, you would need to define in advanced settings and import the relationship between epic and its parent. Also the design phase field should be imported as dimension.

Perhaps, you could share more details how do you link epics to their parent in Jira

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi @martins.vanags,
Thank you for the response. Will try to implement your suggestions and let you know if I encountered any issues.

-Noam

Hi @martins.vanags,
The Epics are linked to their parent Capabilities by using the “Parent Capability” field: I open the Epic and in that field I enter the Capability number.
Do you know how to present all the Epics which their parent Capability are in the “Implementation” phase and their fix version is empty?
Thank you,

-Noam

Hello,
Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?
Thank you.

@Gnome

Could you please share more details about the “Parent capability” field?
Is that some field provided by another app or it is a regular jira custom field “Issue picker”?
There could be ways to group epics by the linked issue (in your case capability) but details are important.
Also, what do you mean by the “Implementation” phase exactly? is that perhaps a “status” field or another custom field where you use the “Implementation” value?

Martins / eazyBI

Hi @martins.vanags
Hi @martins.vanags,
The Epics are linked to their parent Capabilities by using the “Parent Capability” field: I open the Epic and in that field I enter the Capability number. It is a regular JIRA field, please see the attached pic.
“Implementation” phase is the “Status” field of the Capability. Please see the second attached pic.
Do you know how to present all the Epics which their parent Capability are in the “Implementation” phase and their fix version is empty?
Thank you,

-Noam

Implementation Status

@Gnome

You could follow this documentation page:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/issue-link-field-dimensions

Try importing “Capability Status” which would import the status from the capability for epics.
The same for fix version field - “Capability Fix version”

The code would be something like these:

[jira.customfield_capability]
name = "Capabilty"
inward_link = "is child of"
issue_type = "Capabilty"
update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"

[[jira.issue_link_field_dimensions]]
name = "Capability Status"
source_dimension = "Status"
issue_key_column = "customfield_capability"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"

Make sure you use the correct inward_link definition from the Jira administration page.

Then open the import options page and select to import Capability status as a dimension.
Martins / eazyBI