Excel import into EazyBI

Hello guys,

I’m currently working on importing my Excel file into EazyBI.

However, I’ve noticed that the dimensions in EazyBI only reflect what’s present in the Excel file.

When I imported my JIRA data into EazyBI, I was able to access the default “Time” dimension, which provides monthly tabs, yearly tabs, etc., as shown below:

After importing my Excel file, I see the following dimensions:

Is there a way to access default settings for dimensions similar to those from a JIRA import?

Thank you.

Hi,

If your spreadsheet has a column with date or datetime values (e.g., Publish Date), you should map this column as the Time dimension:

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Hi @janis.plume

Thank you for a quick response.

So my spreadsheet has a column with datetime values which is Publish Date, but what I want to have in the report setting is the TIME dimension that has been shared in the first snapshot above.

Is there a way to create the Time dimension with all those default items including All Times, Current month, Previous month, etc,?

Hi,
If you map a datetime column as standard Time dimension hierarchies are created (All/Year/Quarter/Month/Day ans All/Year/Week/Day).

That will not include the calculated members like Current month and Previous month. Those should be created manually. You can check how to create them here: Calculated members in Time dimension

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support