Exclude 'sprint issues at closing' from 'sprint issues removed'

Hi,

I’m building an EazyBI report that includes the number of issues removed from a given sprint. I’ve found that my data set includes some issues that were removed from a sprint, and then later added back in to that same sprint. I would like to exclude these issues from the total count of removed issues.

I’ve tried to do this leveraging the default ‘Sprint issues removed’ and ‘Sprint issues at closing’ members and the Except function, but wasn’t successful. I suspect this is because the ‘Sprint Issues removed’ member is looking at transitions rather than issues.

Is there any way to accomplish this using the existing ‘Sprint issues removed’ member?

In cases you would like to analyze two independent issue activities in a sprint, you would like to do this on issue level. Any historical data analysis could be quite tricky on issue level. We suggest using filters by properties in all calculations on issue level to minimize set of issues more efficiently. The most general ones are filters by dates.

Please check my formula below. It filters out open issues during an active sprint and checks if an issue was in a sprint at closing and do not have any remove activity for this sprint.

CASE WHEN
    [Sprint].Currentmember.Level.name = "Sprint"
THEN
  NonZero(Count(
    Filter(
      Descendants([Issue].Currentmember, [Issue].[Issue]),
      DateCompare(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Created at'),
        [Sprint].CurrentMember.Get('End date')) <= 0
      AND
      (isEmpty( [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Resolved at'))
      or 
      DateCompare(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Resolved at'),
        [Sprint].CurrentMember.Get('Start date')) > 0)
      AND
      isEmpty([Measures].[Sprint issues removed])
      AND
      [Measures].[Sprint issues at closing] > 0)
  ))
END

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hi,

Is there a way I can filter only the “Sprint issues removed” only from the “Sprint issues committed” measures? The available measure (“Sprint issues removed”) captures removal of issue committed including “Sprint issues added”.

Thanks,
John