Export and import Account settings

We are updating our account set up from a few large account to many smaller accounts. These smaller accounts will all have the same settings, but the JQL statement will limit the import rows. Is there a way to export and import the account settings rather than having to set up manually for each one?

If not, good idea for your backlog.

Hi @Chuckcox12

This is a great idea.
Although it is not possible currently to export/import the Jira data source definition from one account to another, we have this feature in our list on the roadmpa, and I will upvote it with your community post, to increase the priority.
Please follow the changelog to find out when it is released (hopefully in H1 2020)

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi Martins!!,
Thanks for the reply. Another way to achieve my goal and make the manual method easier is having the ability to condense the custom fields page to only show those fields which are checked. We have over 200-300 custom fields. If I could click a sort option to show the fields with checked boxes only, that would be very helpful as well.

1 Like

It would also be helpful if an jira id could be shown on the custom field.

Hi @br15004

Actually, you can see the custom field ID in eazyBI import options page if you hover the mouse on the custom field name and wait for a couple of seconds.

Martins / eazyBI

Hi @Chuckcox12
Thanks for another good idea.
I registered this idea for such feature but I can’t promise any estimated delivery date.

Martins / eazyBI

Hey Martins,
Can you add / alter this request to be more like the ability to clone an account? Rather than just import and export settings, I want the ability to clone a complete account ( cubes, reports measure, custom field choices) and paste into a new one.

@Chuckcox12

I just registered this idea as a potential feature request for one of future versions, but I can’t share any promises for the estimated delivery date.

Meantime, there are similar feature requests on our agenda already - to create a master account and be able to export/import definitions for “import options” page on the cube that could give a similar effect.

Please follow our changelog to find out more about new versions when they are released.

Martins / eazyBI support

eazyBI version 5.3.0 supports some additional options to support creating new accounts based on another account. While there is still no default support fro cloning accounts, you can consider those two options:

1. You can use a new option export definition for Jira source data and use it in a combination with the option export reports/dashboards as well.

2. Another option would be using Database migrator. We added options to export selected accounts to file and import a new account from a file. There is a small drawback here, though. You can’t import an account with the same name. You can follow those steps to create a new account from the existing one:
    2.1. Rename template account (edit account and change name) with the new planned account name.
    2.2. Use migrator to export this account into file.
    2.3. Rename back template account (edit account and change name) to the previous name, for example, “Template”
    2.4. Use a migrator to import an account from the file (account with the new name).
    2.5. Run imports in the new account.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like