Failed to execute query. Error message: OutOfMemory used=3870852352, max=4294967296

Hello, in my instance of Jira/EazyBI I have some reports that do not run and show the error:

“Failed to execute query. Error message:
OutOfMemory used=3870852352, max=4294967296”, from the research I did they suggest increasing the memory allocation.

In my Setings configuration “JVM options” I have the following configuration:

-Xmx4g -Xms4g -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:ConcGCThreads=1 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX: InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=60 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent

Any suggestions for improvement?

Hi @Luis_Felipe_Santos,

There is no one strict answer on what the parameters should be. Usually, we at eazyBI suggest specifying only the Xmx parameter and doing it gradually. For larger instances, the parameters could be more than a few GB. For example, you might want to set it to 6GB or even 8GB -Xmx8g according to available resources on your Jira server (see documentation here: Child process).

The main reason for the OutOfMemory error is complex reports in accounts with large issue counts. Therefore you or report creators might want to check how well the report is built and if there is room for report optimization.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Continuing the discussion from Failed to execute query. Error message: OutOfMemory used=3870852352, max=4294967296:

Hello, has the “OutOfMemory used=3870852352, max=4294967296"” issue been resolved in 7.1.1 / Released Feb 07, 2024 ?? I will be grateful for your quick reply.
Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

@PawelPodl, there is no such fix for report timeout errors as each eazyBI setup, report, and data volume differ. Please see my answer above: