Feature progress based on linked stories

I`m trying to visualize development progress based on Stories linked to Features using eazyBI and I get stuck.
To check the progress of Features I used to check my Jira Structure where I can find following view:

Basend on issue count I can quickly check how many work is missing. Simple as that.

How to reflect those data in eazyBI and show it as bar chart?

Ive tried to make report when in Rows I have Issue dimension. But in my project we don`t use Epic. We use Capabilities, Features, Stories and Sub-Task.
So then I get view like that:

When I changed hierarchy to sub-task:

Is is even possible to get view similar to
eazyBI3
And based on issue count show the progress for Capability or Features or Sub-Task.

Do you have any tips for handle this?

eazyBI does not have a default integration with Structure. However, in many cases, Structure uses issue links defining hierarchies.

You can use those issue links to define dependencies between issues and use them to build a hierarchy in eazyBI.

We have more restrictions for any hierarchy creation, though.

1. You would like to have one issue in one branch only within one hierarchy (any issue has only one parent issue)
  2. We have a strict level structure for hierarchies. It seems this point should work for your hierarchy: Capability>Feature>Story>Sub-tasks
    2.1 Count of levels and level setup is strict
    2.2. Each level contains issues with the same issue types, issues with several issue type can be on one level. However, issues with the same issue type can’t be on several levels.

Here is how you can proceed with this. You can use default Parent>Sub-task levels for Story and Sub-tasks and then you can build two levels above them for Feature and Capability.

You would like to define Feature level from Story perspective and Capability level from Feature perspective.
Here is an example, if you are using default Jira link Parent (parent to-is child of):

[jira.customfield_capability]
name = "Capability"
inward_link = "is child of" # check link name case sensitive and direction from feature issue
issue_type = "Capability"
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = "customfield_feature"

[jira.customfield_feature]
name = "Feature"
inward_link = "is child of" # check link name case sensitive and direction from story issue
issue_type = "Feature"
dimension = true
update_from_issue_key = "parent_issue_key"

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = "Capabilities and Features"
all_member_name = "All Issues"
levels = [  {name="Capability",key_column="customfield_capability",issue_type="Capability"}, 
  {name="Feature",key_column="customfield_feature",issue_type="Feature"},
  {name="Parent",key_column="subtask_parent_key"},
  {name="Sub-task",key_column="subtask_key"}
]
  1. Update the definitions above using your issue links (from a child perspective) - check link name (case sensitive) and direction. Validate Issue type names as well (case sensitive).

2. Add the updated custom field definition to eazyBI advanced settings or ask Jira administrator or eazyBI administrator to do this for you. eazyBI advanced settings are common for all accounts and only Jira/eazyBI administrators have access to the settings.

3. Open source data Jira import options for edit after changes in advanced settings and select the custom fields Capability and Feature for import as a dimension and as a property and run an import.

4. After import, you should see new dimensions Capability and Feature. You should have a new issue hierarchy Capabilities and Features in dimension Issue as well.

Here is a report using a custom hierarchy in our training account, they are using Epic level there as well. However, the same principles work on any custom hierarchy.

Daina / support@eazybi.com