Filter on Issuetype, where cusstomfield has a specific value

Dear community,
The goal of the report should be the comparison of hours spent between internal logged time and time which we have spent for supporting our customers.

We have a specific issuetype, which is called “Timelog” for internal activities, like documentation. Until here it would be easy. But we have on those timelog issues a customfield “Internal / External” (ID:18404), where we want to flag, if we want to report on activities or not.

Example: We have a lot of “first analysis”-activities, which we cant register on client support tickets. But this is not an internal driven activity, it is more customer related. This “Timelog”-Issue we have flagged as external.

I’m open for other suggestions (in case labels … would be easier).

Any idea how we can achieve the comparison:

• Hours spent on Timelog-Issuetype with “internal” flag vs
  • hours spent on All other Issuetypes + Timelog with "external flag?

Thanks in advance,
Nicole

1 Like

Hello @Nicole.Brueckner
Thanks for posting your question!

My first recomendation would be trying the Tuple function (Tuple), similarly to the formulas below (please check the syntax, whether it matches your customfield and the issue type) where I have indicated what should be the restrictions for the measure “Hours spent”.
In the scenario you described, I am assuming that Internal/External flag is not being changed. Once it is picked, it remains as External or Internal.

Here is a potential solution for “Hours spent on Timelog-Issuetype with “internal” flag”

(
  [Measures].[Hours spent],
  [Issue Type].[Timelog],
  [Internal / External].[Internal]
)

Here is a potential solution for "Hours spent on All other Issuetypes + Timelog with “external flag”

(
  [Measures].[Hours spent],
  [Issue Type].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
  [Internal / External].[External]
)

Best wishes,

Elita from support@eazybi.com