Find a max field value in a sub-task

I’m having a hard time finding solution to this in the community so I thought I would post to see if anyone else had done something similar. On our JIRA EazyBI we have an issue type of KPP-1 (story essentially).

Issue type “KPP-1” contains sub-task issue types called “KPP-1 Run Reports”. In the “KPP-1 Run Reports sub task, we have a field called “FOM Measure”.

So it looks like this:

Project 1:

• KPP-1 (issue similar to a story)
    • KPP-1 Run Report (subtask)
      • Field in KPP-1 Run Report called “FOM Measure”
    • KPP-1 Run Report (subtask)
    • KPP-1 Run Report (type=subtask

Project 2:

• KPP-1 (issue type similar to a story)

I am trying to figure out a way to display in EazyBI the max “FOM Measure” for each set of KPP Run Report subtasks of the KPP-1 issue.

I’m thinking I need a way to define the hierarchy in the custom configuration of EazyBI and create a measure that can walk through an issues subtasks to find the max of the “FOM Measure” field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

I figured it out. With EazyBI support’s help I verified their suggested query was matching mine:

Case when
Not isEmpty([Issue].CurrentHierarchymember.get(‘Sub-task keys’))
Then
MAX(
[Issue].[Issue].GetmembersByKeys([Issue].CurrentHierarchymember.get(‘Sub-task keys’)),
[Issue].CurrentHierarchymember.getNumber(‘FOM Measure’)
)
End

The problem I had still was that my EazyBI installation was not importing my new sub-task issue type. Once I told it to add that to the import, it worked like EazyBI magic!

2 Likes