Fix Version history

My teams do a lot of over-planning and deferring of work. A common report we view is a Deferral Report, using JQL logic like:

FixVersion was in (xxx) on (DATE) AND fixversion != xxx

I keep getting requests to “add those cool dropdowns” for Priority, Assignee Group, and several custom attributes. Unfortunately, I cannot, since eazyBI does not support history on mutl-select fields. Please consider adding this, in the future. This would help us replace our Jira gadgets with reports built around eazyBI.

2 Likes

Hi @grandeau,

You are right, Fix version is a multi-select field in Jira, and eazyBI does not support change history for it.

Some other customers have requested the same feature to analyze history of Fix versions and we have it in our backlog, but I can not give any estimates as we are still looking for an appropriate solution. I will post here when something new appears.

Similar topic in Community: Fix version history on issue

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Thanks, Zane. Hopefully this will make it’s way up the backlog.

Hi @zane.baranovska,

we find this feature also of great value to us - we need to track release/version scope changes and this seems to be the right solution to this need.

Do you know, maybe, an ETA for this enhancement?

Best,
Marek

1 Like

Hi @marek,

Sorry, I can not give any ETA as functionality to support change history for multi-selection fields like Fix version is not on the road map yet.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi Zane,

This would be incredibly helpful for standard Jira fields, as well as custom ones. Any updates on supporting this in the future?

thanks!
Elena.

1 Like

+1 on this request.
Can you suggest any work-arounds?
Does it make any sense to use JQL for import (e.g., “… AND fixVersion was X on (2020/02/08)…”) so then we know that all issues imported had that fixVersion on that date regardless of what the fixVersion value currently is?

We use a (sort-of) SAFe-like approach with Jira and our fixVersions represent the Program Increment (PI) that an issue has been scheduled for. Would it make sense to have an eazyBI account per PI where account would contain only issues that were assigned the fixVersion during the start/end dates of the PI? Can you forsee any issues with this type of approach?

Thank you!

2 Likes

+1 on this request.
This is very important for us as there is a lot of to and fro that happens and this is needed to tighten the controls.

1 Like