Get fixVersion name from [Issues] (not [Measure].[fix versions])

Hi,

I want to get the set of issues (or any member of that set) where the issues have in their fixversions the key/name of a fix version I have. Unfortunately, the AllProperties of an issue only has fixversions IDs (not names or keys):

If somehow I had access to the fix Version key/name from the issue, it would be a simple filter:

Filter([Issue].[Issue].Members,
[Issue].[Issue].CurrentMember.get('fix Versions IDs'), -- here I want keys or names!
MATCHES '.*'||[Fix Version.By name].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name||'.*'
).Item(0)

I can create another custom field which computes the names in js from the jira issue rest object and then use these names, but is that really necessary? Is there no way to look up the fix version name/key from the issue?

Thank you!

Maybe to give some more insight in what I actually want to achieve:
I have information about the the team working on a fixversion in the description of the fixversion jira.
I import this info as a custom field. It seems custom fields are always associated with issues (I have not found a way to add information to the fixversion object in easybi).
Now I have a (list of fixversions but no issues) and want to get the team info associated with the fix version.

So to look up the info in the custom field, I find the set of all issues in that fix version, take the first one and look up the custom field with the team info.

My question above is how to do the lookup from issue to fixversion key/name, as only fix versions ids are available it seems. But if I could store the team info as a propertyof the fix version itself somehow this would be much more efficient.

I found the solution to lookup the fixversion, it is not needed to do this explicitly, one can just define a measure that returns the fix version description based on the currentmember and the hierarchy:

This measure works for tables that have issues/epics or fix versions in the rows so it does the lookup I was looking for.

I also learned that if you type ‘’[Fix Version].CurrentMember.Item(0).get(" in a calculated measure it will show the names of all the things you can get via ‘get’, like ‘Description’. What you can get via get is also not the properties you see via AllProperties.

1 Like

So finally I also found how to translate from fix versions IDs in the issue to the fix version names:

[Fix Version].[Version].getMemberNamesByKeys(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Fix version IDs')
      )    

this allows to crate custom measures filtering e.g. sum of work for issues where the fix version names match some pattern:

CoalesceEmpty(
Sum(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    LCase(
      [Fix Version].[Version].getMemberNamesByKeys(
        [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Fix version IDs')
      )    
    ) MATCHES '.*must.*'
  ),
  [Measures].[Original estimated hours]
),0)
1 Like

Hi @aherz

Happy to see that you got the result!

eazyBI also imports a property that holds all the Fix Version names of an issue, it is in the Measures dimension under the name “Issue fix versions”. If you click the “show” button for this property, you will see the same formula that you are using to retrieve the Fix Version names.

You can use this predefined property to make your formula a bit shorter:

CoalesceEmpty(
  Sum(
    Filter(
      Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
      LCase([Measures].[Issue fix versions]) MATCHES '.*must.*'
    ),
    [Measures].[Original estimated hours]
  ),
)

​Best regards,
​Nauris