Get list of unestimated items per issue type

Hi all,

I am trying to get a report on how many items are not estimated in my project per issue type; a pie chart which shows that out of the 100 unestimated issues, 44 are user stories, 30 tasks, etc. Practically, the JQL query for this would be:
project = xyz and issuetype in (Improvement, “User Story”, Task) and status not in (Closed, Resolved) and originalEstimate is EMPTY

I have tried several things without success. Same info I can get by using the above query or from Portfolio, but I would like to have it in eazyBi to keep all my reports in the same place.

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Nikos

Hi, @nikbats,

No default measure counts Issues with or without an Original estimate. You could create a custom calculated measure that sums the issues where the Original estimate is empty. Please try the following:

Sum(
  Filter(Descendants(
    [Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]
  ), 
  IsEmpty([Measures].[Original estimated hours])),
  [Measures].[Issues created]
)

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Recently eazyBI released a new version 6.6 which includes the new set of measures to analyze estimated and logged hours (Time tracking measures).

For example, now there is a new measure “Issues with Original estimated hours”. And you can use the expression to get a count of issues without estimated hours:

[Measures].[Issues created] -
[Measures].[Issues with Original estimated hours]

Best,
Zane / support@eazybi.com