first and foremost: I searched the eazyBI community and also the web, but did not find a solution for my issue.
we have several components, which can be clustered in different groups by their prefix. So, we do have something like this as component names:
- “group1 abcd”
- “group1 efgh”
- “group1 ijkl”
- “group2 bcde”
- “group2 fghi”
- “group2 jklm”
and more groups and distinct second part of the component names.
What we want to achieve is to have a grouping available in Pages section of eazyBI, which allows us to count issues based on different measures (which, to my understanding, is the main focus of eazyBI in Jira).
To be very precise, here is what we are doing currently:
- defined new calculated members in “Project” dimension, named after the groups (so we would have “group1” and “group2” calculated member with the example above) with the following code
Aggregate( Filter( [Project].[Component].Members, [Project].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '.*group1 .*' ))
- these calculated members are made available in Pages section to be able to use the same diagram for each group
- using “Issues history” predefined measure to get number of issues over time, and at the end splitting this up by transition status
- this should give us a diagram (or table) showing the development of number of issues per status over a certain period of time
However, this does not work correctly. When selecting the “All Projects” member in the Pages section, it all works fine and we are getting correct issue counts. But if we are selecting the new calculated members in Pages section, we are getting way higher numbers, because not the number of issues is counted, but the number of component occurences.
Here is an example:
- Issue 1234 has components “group1 abcd”, “group1 efgh” and “group2 bcde”.
- This should only count as one issue, but in fact, in our diagrams (or tables) it shows up as 3, because obviously components are counted and not issues
So, what are we doing wrong here?