Help needed: Tabular report with (year) columns grouping linked-issues count

Hi community! Completely newbie here, also a new eazyBI user.

I would appreciate any advice to build a tabulated report to show linked-issues count where columns headers are the date (year) of the creation date/custom field date in those linked-issues, and rows are the issues that they are linked to.

I am looking for something like this:
(this table is a recreation, not the real output)

For instance: in row for “Issue #1, the “Year - 2” column would show 3 which is the count of linked-issues to “Issue #1” (no matter what type of link), and so on.

But so far all I have is this:

(image in next post)

I already imported the linked-issues and created a user-defined measure to count them and put them in a column, with “Time” dimension in the “Pages” section, but:

1st. I’d rather have (Year) in columns’ headers instead.
2nd: I’d like to have the count of linked-issues grouped by their own creation date, not the date of the issue they are linked to (in Issues dimension).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

A last call for help.

As I said in my original post I have the list of linked-issues and the count of those, something like this:

But I’m looking to group the count of linked issues in columns by creation date of the linked issues, and when you drill into that cell you’d get the list of the corresponding linked-issues.

Is that even possible? @daina.tupule, @lauma.cirule, @martins.vanags?

m(_ _)m

Well, I give up. I guess it is not even possible to get a report presented that way.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hi,

I am sorry you were left without any answer for so long.
This is a community place where answers are given deliberately by the community members (and we, support, regularly check unanswered questions; unfortunately, at this time, I got there late). Contact eazyBI support https://eazybi.com/contact or support@eazybi.com when you are stuck with some questions and need to get the answer in a predictable time (SLA for eazyBI support).

Now, the answer.

1. Linked issues first must be imported as described here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links

In your case, when you define advanced settings, you would check the link name, type, and direction from the “parent” issue. Import it as a dimension and property. Let’s call this field “Bugs” (you would define the name of the field where linked issue keys are kept in advanced settings).

After data import, you will have a dimension “'Bugs” and issue property " Issue Bugs" we will use them in the further calculation.

1. Create a new measure where you retrieve all issue linked issue keys, and find the creation date of those issues, and count them against the year selected in the report columns. The formula could be the following:

Case When
       [Issue].CurrentMember.Level.Name = "Issue"
        AND
       [Bugs].Currentmember is [Bugs].Defaultmember
     Then
       Nonzero(Count(
        Filter(
          [Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys([Measures].[Issue Bugs]),
          DateInPeriod([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get("Created at"), 
             [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
           )))
     Else
      -- total calculation for any issue, data on Bugs level
       NonZero(Sum(
          Filter(
            Descendants([Bugs].Currentmember, [Bugs].[Bugs]),
            DateinPeriod([Bugs].CurrentMember.get("Created at"),
             [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
           ),
     -- counts how many times Bugs are reference with issues, this works as a filter as well and does not take into account any other report selections
        DefaultContext((
         [Measures].[Issues created],
         [Bugs].currentHierarchyMember,
         [Issue].CurrentHierarchymember
       ))
      ))
     End

Use the name of your linked issues dimension and issue property!

1. Put this measure in the report columns with Time dimension Year members.
    Use Issue dimension in rows.

If you want to, add Bugs dimension as well in the rows to see which linked issue is created in what year:

Let us know if you need further assistance (better to support@eazybi.com in this case, as operating with links is a quite advanced topic).

Best,
Ilze / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hi Ilze!

Thank you so much for your time and dedication to my question. I will follow your directions and let you know as soon as I finish.

Regards.

Hello again @ilze.leite

Thank you so so so much for your help!!! This is exactly what we were looking for.
Kudos+++

1 Like