Help needed to convert JQL used in Jira to get correct list of issues

Hello Community,

I am pretty new with EazyBi and need help with the custom measure for a tricky java query that we used for filter out the issues in Jira. Please note that I can’t use Pages, as after selecting specifics in it, it will perform AND operations for the selection, when I may want OR and AND as per below query. Also, importing only specific issues while using JQL during import won’t serve the purpose.

Based on my reading, it seems I will need to define a new measure. Following is an example JQL in Jira, that I am trying to create EazyBI definition for following Jira filter:

labels in (ABC, DEF, GHI) OR “Jira custom field - new dimension” in (DEF, GHI, ABC) OR issuetype in (“ABC Issue”, “ABC Request”) AND project not in (“JKL”) AND issuetype not in (Sub-task) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi,

To recreate OR condition between different fields you may need to create a new MDX measure where those conditions are included directly. By default, dimensions selected in Pages are used with AND condition; value selection from the same dimension is treated with OR condition. More information and examples of how to translate JQL queries to eazyBI reports, please check out the presentation by my colleague Janis Plume: eazyBI Community Days, Day-2 Training Presentations

Usually, when filters include OR construction between different fields (labels in (ABC) OR issuetype in (EFG) OR custom field in (KLM)), it means that those fields contain the same (or very similar) business information. From the reporting point of view, it would be best to import this information as one separate dimension. Then you would be able to use it in Pages as a filter for reports.

To achieve that, you may want to create a new JavaScript calculated custom field that analyzes issue values in all those three fields and allocate a new value based on that: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields

Ilze
support@eazybi.com