Hide drop-downs from pages on dashboard

Hi,

is there any way to hide the drop-down which have been createdbased on the selected dimensions as pages?

In my case the selection are very reduced and to condense the tables I’d like to hide those drop-downs if the report is shown on a dashboard.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

The short answer is No, unfortunately. Once you have designed your report with the dimensions in the report pages those would remain available for filtering.

There might be a couple of solutions to save the space when showing the report on the dashboard. First, you might consider moving the page selection to the report columns and select only the member you need.

The other could be to redesign your measures using tuples to show filtered values without using the page filter. For instance, if I need a report to show the Issues created for the Demo Alfa project, I can create a calculation with the tuple which would be equivalent to the page filter:

([Measures].[Issues created],
[Project].[DEMO Alfa])

Please, find here the dashboard of the three reports each a bit more condensed:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

2 Likes

How would the formula look if I selected multiple projects
eg, Alpha and Beta

Hi,

There can be different solutions for multiple filtering. Perhaps, the simplest would be to sum the two projects:

[Project].[DEMO Alfa])+
[Project].[DEMO Beta])

Another solution is to create an aggregated member in the project dimension and refer to the aggregated member in the formula. See here for more:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/calculated-members-in-other-dimensions#Calculatedmembersinotherdimensions-Aggregatemembersinotherdimensions

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like

Hi Janis,
I’m looking to do something similar but without having to create so many calculated members.

My goal is a report that shows sprint story point activity for the last 8 closed sprints. For example:

However, in our case there are something like 65 teams (boards). Ideally I would be able to select a Board in a Page filter and only need 1 report. I haven’t managed to be able to configure this, though. The approach I’ve taken would require 65 calculated members and 65 separate reports. I guess I can live with 65 reports but creating the 65 calculated measures is not desirable. I would be happy with a list of all of the last 8 closed sprints from all boards but grouped by board. Then, at least I can select just the board I want for the report and expand it to get the sprints.
I’ve only managed to either get a list of the sprints (without the boards), or the boards with all of the sprints.

For instance, I end up with this (the boards I want but with all the sprints):
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 5.16.05 PM

…or this (the sprints I want but for ALL boards, including boards I don’t want, and not grouped by board):
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 5.16.49 PM

This has been my approach. I have a calculated member that aggregates the team boards I’m interested in, as such:

Aggregate(
  {
   [Sprint].[Team Board 1],
   [Sprint].[Team Board 2],
   [Sprint].[Team Board 3]
   }
)

This gives me the results in the first picture (All team boards). I need to do this because there are boards that are imported that I do not want to report on.

My other attempt was to create a calculated member that filtered out the last 8 closed sprints but this gave me the results in the second picture (Last 8 closed sprints). Like this:

Aggregate(
  Generate(
    [Sprint].[Board].Members,
    Tail(
      Filter(
      [Sprint].CurrentMember.Children,
      [Sprint].CurrentMember.GetBoolean("Closed")),
      -- last 8 closed sprint in the board
      8)
  )
)

I am trying to change the set expression in the Generate function to give me those last 8 sprints but grouped by board like in the other calculated member (e.g., [Sprint].[All team boards].Children) , but that doesn’t work - in fact, nothing is returned.

Is what I’m trying to do even possible? This is a recurring issue for me as I want to do many reports besides sprint story point activity and I keep running into the same issue.

Any suggestions for a different approach would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
-jj

Hi @janis.plume

Can you please share us a sample report definition, it will help us a lot.
Can we do the same for multiple filters also.

Regards
Kasi

Please, find attached the dashboard definition with the following reports on it:

{
  "name": "Demo report with multiple filters",
  "definition": {"pages":[],"reports":[{"width":33.33,"cube_report_name":"Test report 1","cube_name":"Issues"},{"width":33.33,"cube_report_name":"test report 2","cube_name":"Issues"},{"width":33.33,"cube_report_name":"test report 3","cube_name":"Issues"}],"pages_options":{}},
  "dashboard_reports": [ {
    "cube_name": "Issues",
    "cube_reports": [ {
       "name": "Test report 1",
       "result_view": "table",
       "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Issues created]"],"members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Time","selected_set":["[Time].[All Times]"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]}],"nonempty_crossjoin":true},"pages":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Project","selected_set":["[Project].[All Projects]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"All Projects","full_name":"[Project].[All Projects]","drillable":true,"type":"all","expanded":true,"drilled_into":false},{"depth":1,"name":"DEMO Alfa","full_name":"[Project].[DEMO Alfa]","drillable":true,"key":"DA","parent_full_name":"[Project].[All Projects]"},{"depth":1,"name":"DEMO Beta","full_name":"[Project].[DEMO Beta]","drillable":true,"key":"DB","parent_full_name":"[Project].[All Projects]"}],"bookmarked_members":[],"current_page_members":["[Project].[DEMO Alfa]","[Project].[DEMO Beta]"]}]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{}},"calculated_members":[{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Some measure","formula":"CASE WHEN\n[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name=\"Initiative\"\nTHEN\n\nNonzero(Count(\n  Filter([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Children,\n  DateDiffDays(\n    [Measures].[Issue due date],\n      Now()\n    ) \u003e 0\n    AND\n   [Measures].[Issues created]\u003e0\n  )\n))\n\nEND","format_string":"#,##0"},{"dimension":"Measures","name":"level name","formula":"[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name","format_string":""}]}
    },{
       "name": "test report 2",
       "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Issues created]"],"members":[]},{"name":"Project","selected_set":["[Project].[Demo Alfa and Beta]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"Demo Alfa and Beta","full_name":"[Project].[Demo Alfa and Beta]","calculated":true,"drillable":true,"expanded":true,"drilled_into":false}],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Time","selected_set":["[Time].[All Times]"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]}],"nonempty_crossjoin":true},"pages":{"dimensions":[]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{}},"calculated_members":[{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Some measure","formula":"CASE WHEN\n[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name=\"Initiative\"\nTHEN\n\nNonzero(Count(\n  Filter([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Children,\n  DateDiffDays(\n    [Measures].[Issue due date],\n      Now()\n    ) \u003e 0\n    AND\n   [Measures].[Issues created]\u003e0\n  )\n))\n\nEND","format_string":"#,##0"},{"dimension":"Measures","name":"level name","formula":"[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name","format_string":""}]}
    },{
       "name": "test report 3",
       "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Issues Alfa Beta]","[Measures].[Issues Alfa]","[Measures].[Issues Beta]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"full_name":"[Measures].[Issues Alfa Beta]","format_string":"#,##0","report_specific":true,"name":"Issues Alfa Beta","calculated":true},{"depth":0,"full_name":"[Measures].[Issues Alfa]","format_string":"#,##0","report_specific":true,"name":"Issues Alfa","calculated":true},{"depth":0,"full_name":"[Measures].[Issues Beta]","format_string":"#,##0","report_specific":true,"name":"Issues Beta","calculated":true}]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Time","selected_set":["[Time].[All Times]"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]}],"nonempty_crossjoin":true},"pages":{"dimensions":[]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{}},"calculated_members":[{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Issues Alfa Beta","formula":"([Measures].[Issues created],\n[Project].[Demo Alfa and Beta])","format_string":""},{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Issues Alfa","formula":"([Measures].[Issues created],\n[Project].[DEMO Alfa])","format_string":""},{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Issues Beta","formula":"([Measures].[Issues created],\n[Project].[DEMO Beta])","format_string":""}]}
    } ],
    "calculated_members": [{"dimension":"Measures","name":"Issue due date","format_string":"mmm dd yyyy","formula":"[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Due date')"},{"name":"Demo Alfa and Beta","dimension":"Project","formula":"Aggregate({\n  [Project].[DEMO Alfa],\n  [Project].[DEMO Beta]\n\n}\n)","format_string":""}]
  } ]
}

1 Like